The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering how many have a either COPD PF Asthma or serious Hay fever and how do you cope with the heat and humidity. They tell me today is the hottest day so far this year should be around 30-35 C and the humidity is just over 50% ( I know not like you guys back east ).
So what do you do to help your breathing problems do you use spray inhalers or do you just suck it up like I am trying to do but got to tell you moving to fast can cause some serious spins and a few falls so am trying to stay close to either couch or the bed so I fall on something softer then me,delegated to some frog breathing to to try and help O2 levels down to my finger tips hate that tingle feeling in the fingers and toes and the light headness.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Seriously not right.

What does the doctor say?

When I was young I had breathing issues from asthma that put me in the hospital a few times. They gave me a needle full of Ventolin, which is in a lot of inhalers, the symptoms would disappear in seconds.

What you have sounds like heart problems?

·
Registered
6,591 Posts
Need to see your doctor asap. It’s not just about getting enough O2 in there, your lungs also blow off CO2 and when that starts building up in your blood due to things like COPD it will cause a boat load of other problems. So sometimes in addition to increasing O2 you have to get the CO2 levels down.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
It sounds like you have been diagnosed with a breathing problem but are not taking anything for it, is that correct?
If so, you should be taking something. Either way you should see a doctor. It will be especially bad now with the smoke.
Not sure what 'frog breathing' is, but 7-11 breathing can help. Count to seven on inhale, count to 11 while exhaling.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
was diagnosed 3 1/2 years ago with COPD and idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis and Dr says that it may stay the same but will get worse over time ( diagnosis is for 3-5 years after ) not unusual for me to develop Pneumonia or bronchitis at the drop of a hat so we do what we can and because of my past polio can use a machine ( lungs could stop working and no way no how will I go onto a living that way just not my style ) and getting rid of CO2 is very difficult for anyone with PF its neat but when they take blood and its black instead of a nice red.
Frog breathing is when you gulp air instead of pulling air in with your muscles.
And thats why we have prepped our lives so when it happens we are ready mind you I still do things that ticks off the wife last week I painted and the week before prepped the walls filler and such and sanding ( I know I must be stupid but really just trying to live each day to its fullest without handicapping myself ).

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nope BIPAP and can't be intubated either was hoping once for a transplant but that's out to so we live the best we can

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
So are you not on any inhalers for your COPD? You can't reverse anything but you can sure slow down the decline.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no inhalers unfortunately they created another problem in my throat where the muscles started to push things up from my stomach and would loose my voice copd is not so bad its the IPF that's going to kill me one day just hoping for some serious rain though haven't seen a drop for well over a month and a half

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
I had similar issues with symbicort, so they tried some other types. Now the weird throat/heartburn issues are gone and the voice is only a little funny. A lot less coughing up stuff, and less shortness of breath is a real relief.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It was a combination of Combivent and Inspiolto for me and symbicort was a killer for the voice changed it forever relief in one hand and damage in another I have lived a great life so not worried about the end.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts