The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you exactly break-in new speakers ?
Is practicing at band volume and gigging loud enough , or is it necessary to play the amp louder than that ?
How long ?
Will I hear the difference?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I put mine on my stereo with five CD's in the changer for 20 hours (about three times through each) with about 20 watts going through them. Inform your neighbors first, or do it 8 hours per day while they're at work.

Turn the bass and mids up, treble down to 1/4th, and let 'em go. Now this is just what I do with my speakers, other manufacturers have different thicknesses of doping, and other construction changes, so from what I understand it will take alot longer for this to work on higher powered speakers.

My 25-30 watt models break in @ around 15-20 hours, 65 watt models around 40-50 hours, as a general rule, and as advised to me by previous buyers.

I understand this is much shorter than other speaker makers, though...so don't be surprised if you need alot more with other brands.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot for the very detailed and informative answer .
My amp is a vetta 2 head with matching cabinet , so I guess I would have to play it at about half on the master for about 50 hours ?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Not familiar with the Vetta...I'm just an old school blues/rock tub amp guy. Whatever setting gets you to 20 watts...an no arrests from your local police force should be the ticket. :rockon:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts