The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just a bit of a brag post about my daughter. She's just finished a 3 year program in graphic design and for the past few years has been working professionally as a photographer, mostly weddings (she's actually gone this weekend on a big wedding photography job) but also has done many location sittings for family photography. She loves to shoot everything and anything from nature to any objects.
Back in June my wife, daughter and I attended the 50th anniversary concert at Cosmo music in Richmond Hill. Of course my daughter was taking pictures of anything and everything and it looks like Cosmo has used one of her pics.

·
Registered
24,380 Posts
Congrats! Always a tremendous source of justified pride when one's kids gain professional traction.

I'm assuming the first pic is Kim Mitchell, and the last one is Randy Bachman, but who are the two guys in the iddle photos?

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congrats! Always a tremendous source of justified pride when one's kids gain professional traction.

I'm assuming the first pic is Kim Mitchell, and the last one is Randy Bachman, but who are the two guys in the iddle photos?
Yes the first one is Kim Mitchell and my sole reason for attending that day. The other 3 are April Wine. I'm more familiar with their songs then I am about who each member is. Would the last pic, which is the lead singer, not be Myles Goodwin? When I was young I lived out in the country, outside of Brantford in a little village called Onondaga beside the Goodwin family. Hanging out with one of the young boys he claimed his cousin was the lead singer of April Wine.

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
A couple of weeks ago, a friends daughter who is getting married, wanted to have some pre-wedding pictures take around my farm. Barn, farm pond etc. My wife noticed that they were taking pictures outside and said "Their taking pictures down by the pond" I looked out and there was 3 people there, the couple getting married and another woman. I said "where's the photographer". I was thinking the other woman was the Maid-Of Honour but it turns out she was the photograph. Times have changed. I did feel a little stupid for thinking that photographers are all men. Perhaps is was your daughter shooting the pictures, they came down from Oshawa. If it was your daughter, ask her how her toe is? "That's another story"

·
Registered
208 Posts
I can feel the pride. Your daughter is a very talented young Lady. Good for you and good for her. Looks like you’ve done a good job in her upbringing and proud you should be.

Having a son and two daughters (with 2 kids each) I can relate. They are all doing far better than I ever did and I am very proud of that.

·
Registered
5,492 Posts
Yes the first one is Kim Mitchell and my sole reason for attending that day. The other 3 are April Wine. I'm more familiar with their songs then I am about who each member is. Would the last pic, which is the lead singer, not be Myles Goodwin? When I was young I lived out in the country, outside of Brantford in a little village called Onondaga beside the Goodwin family. Hanging out with one of the young boys he claimed his cousin was the lead singer of April Wine.
Myles grew up down the street from my house. Went to school with Dad's older siblings.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts