The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Ottawa has nothin'... TC Tuner I bought for $99 is $139 on sale for...

$99

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Burlington has $2K off a 58 True Historic LP - still $6K but a decent discount for those that prefer to buy new & a couple of LP Stds for $2499.

A few Epis for <$100 might be good for your kid or as a modding platform - @JBFairthorne I think I saw a lefty SG

For all you young whippersnappers that have a strong back & need lots of clean headroom they also have some decent deals on used Fender 212 combos:

65 Twin - $599
HR Deville (x2) - $499

·
Registered
662 Posts
A few tempting deals at the St.John’s location; unfortunately I’m saving my spare cash for a new vehicle in the spring...

·
Premium Member
2,084 Posts
Got my eye on two pieces in this sale. Gonna keep just what those are to myself though ;^ )

·
Premium Member
3,341 Posts
I want that twin.

Now does my wife want me to have it...
Of cause she does, she loves you and wants you to be happy...love + happiness = new gear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
I really never see much of a deal in these L&M "sales". Since when is putting special pricing on used equipment considered a good sale? Looks like they're just trying to get rid of their used items to me. New stuff is maybe $50 - $100 off for the most part, depending on the initial price. Maybe I'm missing something, but I've never been impressed with their sales at all.

·
Registered
329 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,830 Posts
I really never see much of a deal in these L&M "sales". Since when is putting special pricing on used equipment considered a good sale? Looks like they're just trying to get rid of their used items to me. New stuff is maybe $50 - $100 off for the most part, depending on the initial price. Maybe I'm missing something, but I've never been impressed with their sales at all.
You rarely find a used twin for $600 unless its been chopped, needs new tubes or is otherwise beat up. To get one with a warranty is pretty rare too. Its a good deal.

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
You rarely find a used twin for $600 unless its been chopped, needs new tubes or is otherwise beat up. To get one with a warranty is pretty rare too. Its a good deal.
There are those deals...but they are very few and far between from what I've seen.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
I want that twin.

Now does my wife want me to have it...
Now, what wife DOESN'T like twins???

:)

John
thegrumpyoldman

Reactions: johnnyshaka

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Not all that exciting but at least at my local store it's all new gear that's listed instead of a bunch of used stuff you can get elsewhere at better prices and no tax.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
12th Fret is eating the HST on all new Fender, Gibson & Grestch electrics as well as Gibson acoustics.

20% off all new Godin electrics.

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
I think this is a pretty good deal. This is in Saint John, NB.

TRAYNOR YCV80 TRAYNOR CUSTOM VALVE 80 - 80WITH 2X12" ELECTRIC GUITAR AMP 112729 NEW 7066314 $1,075.00 Sale Price:$599.00

·
Registered
393 Posts
I've seen quite a few fantastic deals on used items at the Burlington Long & McQuade. It's pretty dangerous for me since I live right around the corner - I end up dropping in there quite a lot (LOL). You do need to act quick when the deals come up though. I missed out on a few because I decided to go home and think about whether I really needed it or not. Silly me trying to be practical...

1 - 20 of 67 Posts