The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 230 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Howdy,

I am Scott and I run Axe... And You Shall Receive | The finest selection of Boutique and Vintage Guitar Effects, Guitars and Amplifiers

I carry Catalinbread, Klon, Alexander Pedals, Big Tone Music Brewery, Chicago Iron, Cusack Music, Diamond, Mid-Fi electronics, Monster Effects, Option 5, Retro-Sonic , Subdecay Studios, Xotic, Eastwood Guitars, Tone King amps and many others.

I also have lots of older stuff and I love to do trade and partial trade deals.

I just joined up here and it looks like as pretty good place. I have spent alot of my on-line internets geekage time at the HC and Xhcfx forums, but I will try to pop in here from time to time as well.

If you want anything I carry just email me regarding prices as all my listed prices are in US$. If you want multiple items, i always try to put together a better deal.

Even if you are looking for something I don't carry, feel free to drop me a line as I might know where you can get it cheapest. i am always happy to yak about gear.

If you visit my website, please sign up for my newsletter. I put it out about twice a month and I always try and included special subscriber only deals in the content of the newsletter.

On effects pedals, I can offer free shipping to any member here. Just mention this post when you email me.

Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just got an order of BYOC Vibrato VB-2 clone kits on the way here if anyone has been looking forward to getting one. All the sea-sick goodness with no of the soul-robbing tonesuckery of the original boss pedal. :)

Drop me an email for details.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sh333 said:
Just got an order of BYOC Vibrato VB-2 clone kits on the way here if anyone has been looking forward to getting one. All the sea-sick goodness with no of the soul-robbing tonesuckery of the original boss pedal. :)

Drop me an email for details.
The kits are sold out. No indication of when a 2nd run will happen, but I will post here when I find out.

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
Scott is a super guy to deal with. I've bought a few things and done a trade or 2 with him. He's always been friendly, up front and shipped things promptly.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
stratasaurus said:
Yeah +1 from me too. Bought a Diamond Compressor and a BYOC Tonebender from Scott. Great service and quick delivery.
Thanks! :thanks5qx: :smilie_flagge17: :thanks5qx:

Glad you dug the pedals!

BTW, Keith just passed along all the Pre-built BYOC business to us. I have my tech scrambling to build a bunch of kits up.

·
Registered
81 Posts
i've been visiting Ur website for some time.
i get so far and then my eyes glaze over. i think it's 'cuz i'm old and am used to old skool bricks and mortar. U gots some cool stuff, tho'.
are U in hammertown, er, hamilton?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
µ¿ z3®ø™ said:
i've been visiting Ur website for some time.
i get so far and then my eyes glaze over. i think it's 'cuz i'm old and am used to old skool bricks and mortar. U gots some cool stuff, tho'.
are U in hammertown, er, hamilton?
:wave: Howdy :wave:

The website is a little harder on the eyes :smile:

I am about 20 minutes west in Brantford.

Drop me an email and I can send you my phone # if you need any info that is not on the website. If you prefer to check something out in person that is cool with me. I have a decent rig set up here that you could demo stuff thru'.

·
Registered
81 Posts
schweet.
i see that U have some metasonix stuff.
i love my 'agonizer' and 'butt probe'.
now i'm looking at the TM-5 and some of their other stuff.
not for the meek and mild, but i LOVE his stuff.
zachary vex, too.
any other 'interesting' stuff i may be missing?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
µ¿ z3®ø™ said:
schweet.
i see that U have some metasonix stuff.
i love my 'agonizer' and 'butt probe'.
now i'm looking at the TM-5 and some of their other stuff.
not for the meek and mild, but i LOVE his stuff.
zachary vex, too.
any other 'interesting' stuff i may be missing?
I could likely go on forever, but if you dig the Meta stuff, you will love the Troubled Variance stuff. Also, the catalinbread Teaser stallion is killer. The Mid-Fi electronics Pitch Pirate is pretty amazing too. The Effector 13 stuff is worth a look as well if you dig the more radical noisemakers.

Let me know via email what Metasonix stuff you might want, and I will try to work you up some nice prices. I take trades as well.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have been getting alot of emails lately from people that are surprised to find out that there are some people selling high end gear north of the border, so i figured I would give this a bump :wave:

Axe...and you shall recieve (http://www.axeandyoushallreceive.com)

has been slinging vintage and boutique gear up in Canada for longer than i care to remember (Late-80's IIRC). I carry tonnes of boutique pedals and some neat guitars and amps too. If you need anything, drop me an email. Even if I don't carry it, i may be able to refer you to someone who will treat you right.

We are also the Canadian distro and official Pre-builder for B.Y.O.C. Pedals.

Last but not least! I love to trade gear. I collect older Japanese made guitars (Ibanez, Yamaha, Burny, greco, Tokai etc.) and crazy older effects pedals.

·
Premium Member
5,113 Posts
I am really interested in your stuff, but I have to be %100 honest and say your site is one of the worst I have ever seen. I find it impossible to shop for anything on it and I am sure I don't even know a fraction of the stuff you carry because of the site. And I am sure others are in the same vote. Again, I am not trying to be rude in any way I am just trying to be helpful.

You have great taste in music by the way :) . I checked out your links section and it's like looking in a mirror heh.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
torndownunit said:
I am really interested in your stuff, but I have to be %100 honest and say your site is one of the worst I have ever seen. I find it impossible to shop for anything on it and I am sure I don't even know a fraction of the stuff you carry because of the site. And I am sure others are in the same vote. Again, I am not trying to be rude in any way I am just trying to be helpful.

You have great taste in music by the way :) . I checked out your links section and it's like looking in a mirror heh.
Funny how many people on the internets have the same great taste in music, but locally, there are so very few people who have any idea who half the bands I like are. It is wild really. It makes for a small world :)

I hear you about the website, and I am getting a revised version together. Many people dig it the way it is, but I can understand how some find it frustrating. It really isn't that treacherously laid out, if you give it a chance, but hey if you are super busy or have dial-up internet I can see how it might trip you up. There is a lot of stuff listed and it will be a little cluttered no matter how I structure it.

Kind of a bummer if you can't be bothered sorting through it. Most of my prices are competitive with the larger US retailers with cheaper shipping and no duty/tax issues. I generally eat the tax for any Canuck customers. Quite a few items I carry, I carry exclusively, so you won't even have a chance to buy it elsewhere.

Bottom line for me, is that an updated website is a priority, but not my # 1. My main priority is providing a high level of service to the customers I have. I don't have shopping cart set-ups yet, partly because I like to have some contact with the customer to ensure that what they are buying is right for their rig, tone etc. If that is losing me tonnes of customers, I won't know until I change the site.

If there is something you are looking for but don't want to wade thru' the mess, just drop me an email or phone call and I can tell you immediately what you need to know.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just a quick heads up. I have some Lovepedal stuff in stock right now if anyone is looking for white Dragon's, Karls or eternities. It tends to go quick when I get it in, so I thought I would let you all know :food-smiley-004:

1 - 20 of 230 Posts