The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:banana: oh yeah!! just installed one of these in my Signature

http://dkc3.digikey.com/PDF/C072/P1653.pdf (bottom left)

Digikey parts come Purolator with no duty/taxes nonsense to worry about:smilie_flagge17: I ordered Friday at 1 am. was recapping a subwoofer amp by noon today and got to my guitar before the hockey game.

Yes I know, these pots aren't cheap and for a few bucks more you get a Chibson.....but I needed a small profile pot in order to not modify this guitar's cavity and the alpha mini's don't do much for me. Anyway the pot is silent, smooth in feel and has a wonderful taper both with the HB and the S/c's.

A highly recommended tweak. :food-smiley-004:

Andy

I

·
0 Posts
It's funny how many people just default to Mouse or Small Bear for electronics and end up paying that nasty duty and tax coming over the border. Check DigiKey Canada and ElectroSonic before you go State-side and you can save a bundle.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Allied Elect. also does consolidated shipments daily, via Sarnia so it's next day to Quebec and Ontario.... only drag is the local elecronic stores never have anything (when I'm just missing one part).

Small Bear has the advantage that everything is related to guitar stuff whereas the big electronic places have 2000+ pages of data sheets to sift through. Another cool place is part connexion in Oakville.

The Bourns pot is really great. LP users are out of luck as it's short shaft only

Andy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts