The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve heard good things about these wireless systems. I like how compact they are. Does anyone have any experience using this system in a live system.

-does it pick up on any other musicians wireless lines?
- is it noisy?
- can it take the jumping around on stage?

Any advice, tonal difference, experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
I'm interested in this one as well, so I'm curious to see what others say.

It would be nice if someone made something that you could clip to your strap like a typical wireless, and then just use a short 1/4" cable to go from the transmitter to the guitar.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I’ve heard good things about these wireless systems. I like how compact they are. Does anyone have any experience using this system in a live system.

-does it pick up on any other musicians wireless lines?
- is it noisy?
- can it take the jumping around on stage?

Any advice, tonal difference, experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
The unit doesn't pick up other wireless, but our bass player said it used to cut out on him, apparently if there are phones in the crowd with their bluetooth on, it can cut out. It's not noisy and it can take jumping around, it's a pretty good sound, our keyboard player said it sounded better than with a cable. The big issue is that it's a throwaway item in that once the battery starts to go, you can't replace it.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The unit doesn't pick up other wireless, but our bass player said it used to cut out on him, apparently if there are phones in the crowd with their bluetooth on, it can cut out. It's not noisy and it can take jumping around, it's a pretty good sound, our keyboard player said it sounded better than with a cable. The big issue is that it's a throwaway item in that once the battery starts to go, you can't replace it.
Good points. I never thought about that. Luckily my axes all will work fine in terms of the jack.

The cutting out because of phones Bluetooth couple be a massive issue though.

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
Good points. I never thought about that. Luckily my axes all will work fine in terms of the jack.

The cutting out because of phones Bluetooth couple be a massive issue though.
You might want to look for something in the 5Ghz band range. Get out of the way of Bluetooth and most WiFi routers at the same time.

·
Premium Member
8,157 Posts
You might want to look for something in the 5Ghz band range.
Didn't you acquire a Carparelli system a little while back?
How's that working out?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have one as well and they work great. I plug the receiver into my wha at the front of my pedalboard and cable out to my amp. If I’m going to be jumping around I tape the sending unit to my guitar’s input jack.

·
Premium Member
3,331 Posts
Not for active pickups.
Yeah, battery can be a pain, but the do last a full night gig.(IMO)

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
Nope, no wireless for me. Two guys in our band have them and sometimes they get mixed on the same channel or battery goes dead in the middle of a song. Old school cable for me.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I checked the FAQ for the Boss unit, it said that if you didn't want to get interruptions, make sure to turn off Wifi routers, anything with bluetooth and don't use a microwave oven. I still can't recall anywhere I've gigged that doesn't have a Wifi router, bluetooth phones that are on and microwave ovens. I don't think they thought that one through very well.

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
I checked the FAQ for the Boss unit, it said that if you didn't want to get interruptions, make sure to turn off Wifi routers, anything with bluetooth and don't use a microwave oven. I still can't recall anywhere I've gigged that doesn't have a Wifi router, bluetooth phones that are on and microwave ovens. I don't think they thought that one through very well.
Not just Boss. All 2.4Ghz systems will suffer from the same issues. Boss is just being honest about it.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Hmm, the above revelation about the 2.4Ghz units and Bluetooth/WiFi interference is a deal breaker for me!! I'm also running a couple Godins with the Hi Def Revoicer circuit (so essentially active pickups) and a BIG question for me is if the Carparelli 5.8Ghz can handle that?

I'm assuming the Carparelli 5.8Ghz is rebranded MIC product that looks a lot like this one (Wireless Guitar System - ZXK CO 5.8GHz Rechargeable Guitar Wireless Audio Transmitter Receiver - Electric Digital Guitar System Transmitter Receiver Set: Amazon.ca: Musical Instruments, Stage & Studio) and this one (Huhudde Wireless Guitar System - 5.8GHz Rechargeable Guitar Wireless Audio Transmitter Receiver - Electric Digital Guitar System Transmitter Receiver Set: Amazon.ca: Electronics) on Amazon.ca for quite a bit less?

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
Dunno, but buy from a Canadian company? Mine worked in all situations. Still do, also worked with my active pickups.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Looking forward to your review/experience. Still sitting on the fence here...
Hi david,

I'll let you know asap. I play in a funk, blues, rnb band. Lots of horns lots of guitars ect. There will be a-lot of wireless systems being used on our live gigs, so i'll take it to rehearsal right when i get them, see how they hold up.

The second project is alot of rock, glam metal, hard hard blues. We do fire shows, alot of jumping around and other non-sense, so will see how it works with type of playing.

Talk soon

1 - 20 of 36 Posts