The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

Boss Waza Air experiences

1K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  fonziedog 
#1 ·
Hey guys

Anybody have any experience with the Boss Waza Air system? Seems like a great alternative for practice at home. Most reviews are positive online. Wondering if anybody hear has one or has tried one.

Here is the link if you are unfamiliar.

#2 ·
I only played it for a while, at a buddy's house. He was pretty excited to show it to me. It was cool. It felt like playing guitar in VR, like there's an invisible amp in the room that only I can hear through the headphones. There's a whole whack of features I didn't even touch when I played with it. Tones were decent enough. The price is a little too steep for me though.

This is a great video overview:

#12 ·
I used it for about a month and returned it-the clean sounds were VERY good, the gain sounds were a bit noisy and artificial. It was surprisingly good with pedals/pedalboards when set clean. I didn't really find much in the effects that I would use. The Waza headphone App isn't very good at all, non intuitive. The stereo/gyro system was kind of cool at first but after about 10 minutes I turned it off and it never went back on. Headphone comfort is OK. The plug would occasionally cut out for a few seconds, and needed to be re-plugged, never figured out why. What killed it for me was battery life and the fact you couldn't easily record with it. The headphone manual said 5 hours of battery life but I didn't really get anything close to that, maybe 3-I do wonder if mine was a defective set, as it was already open when I got it at L/M.

In the end I went back to using my Iridium or Simplifier with headphones, they're a bit noisier (no gate), and the clean sounds aren't quite so nice, but dirt is better, it always works, easy to record with and no batteries to run out. The cables are a minor annoyance but I'm kind of used to them after all these years.

If you get them, I would get them at Long and Mcquade, where you can return them in the first 30 days if they aren't your thing.

#15 ·
I found a set on L&M Gearhunter for $299. Great deal but I wouldn’t pay full pop. Sounds are pretty good, far from amazing. Headphones get uncomfortable after 20 minutes and I wish they were open back so I could hear what’s going on around me (I use them a lot sitting on the couch with family around).

All this said, nothing I’ve bought in recent years has inspired me to play more. They are so easy to use and enable playing anytime and anywhere.

I think the Fender Mustang Micro could be a contender with a decent pair of comfortable open back cans.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.