The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,529 Posts
The original OD-1 was essentially the precursor to the SD-1. Where the SD-1 has a tone control, the OD-1 had a fixed treble-cut filter. I made one for myself, following the first-issue schematic and quite like it. Unlike the TS-808/9, which has symmetrical clipping, the SD-1 and OD-1 use a 3-diode arrangement for a little more dynamic range and asymmetrical clipping. It also yields a bit more output level than the TS-9.

I have no idea what the OD-1X circuit is, although from the product description it is clearly a digital pedal; analog overdrives do not draw 45ma current and DSP is mentioned in the product blurb. So it is likely "inspired by" the OD-1, but is not the same thing.

Digital overdrives keep improving, annually. I trust Boss not to invest the resources into something like this with the result being a turkey....but I'm still gonna lean towards analog.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.