The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an ME 25 on loan from a buddy. I'm just test driving it but if I like it he said he'd sell to me for around $100. Man, this thing is fun. :) It fits perfect for what I'm playing now where I often have to change my sound a couple of times in a song. Any cons to this unit that anyone knows of?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Con: it’s using technology 4 generations old and so some people don’t like the sound. If you like it then it doesn’t matter what others think.
$100 seems a bit much for something that old though. I’d offer maybe $50. There’s lots of multi-effects and modelers from that era that people are just giving away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
13,354 Posts
You know, I haven't used mine in over 3 years. Still have it. Maybe,... just Maybe, I should try it again.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Con: it’s using technology 4 generations old and so some people don’t like the sound. If you like it then it doesn’t matter what others think.
$100 seems a bit much for something that old though. I’d offer maybe $50. There’s lots of multi-effects and modelers from that era that people are just giving away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Interesting. I had no idea what it's worth but a quick check on Reverb showed five of them listing at $200 and up, thirteen of them on Kijiji from $125-$200 and loads of them on Ebay, the cheapest being $135. I'll have to talk to my buddy but I know he paid $180 for it two years ago.
I've had no experience with modeling units until now but I'm impressed with this thing for an all in one unit. The compressor is good, I love the pre amp, overdrive and distortion functions, the chorus is adequate but not great as is the delay. Haven't played around with the other functions yet.

G

·
I had the chance to borrow one of these and a ME50.
Nice sounds.
The only downside for me is there's a minuscule silence when switching between patches.

·
Premium Member
8,713 Posts
I just bought one myself. After hearing some of the Youtube vids, I had to.

I paid $85 CAD.

I can say this, and people might think I'm nuts, but the older COSM stuff is better than the new. I've owned an old microcube, and the new one I have listed here, plus a cube 60 and the old one sounds the best. And, yes, I had them all at the same time at one point.

This stuff was off my radar, but since I'm getting rid of the last of my COSM stuff, I think this is a perfect fit. I get it on Monday or Tuesday at the latest.

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
I had the chance to borrow one of these and a ME50.
Nice sounds.
The only downside for me is there's a minuscule silence when switching between patches.
I found that to be a drawback with the 50 also. Boss remedied that with the release of the ME70. Also a very nice pedal

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the input guys. :) So far I like it. I'll have a chance to use it on stage in two weeks and I'll make a decision then as to whether it's a keeper.

·
Premium Member
8,713 Posts
Playing it in stereo through good tube amps is great.

My microcube sold today, so I'm glad I have it. TBH, I prefer it to my Katana (primarily for the dirt settings), but I think the 8 blackbacks, Morris, and Class 5 have something to do with it ;)

The only complaint I have is the chorus and delay don't have that "3 dimensional' sound-thing happening. The reverb is good and the vibrato is surprisingly lush.

This thing was really excellent value.

Edit: However, I can understand why some people might say it's shit, if they don't have it going through the right kind of gear.

·
Premium Member
11,674 Posts
$100 sounds fair to me, if it's in good condition and hasn't any issues.

I been using an ME-80 for a few years and really like it, though it hasn't seen a whole lot of use in the last year since I quit a couple of bands. BOSS gear is a little generic for some folks but I like it for its versatility, durability, and general ease of use.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts