3,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Wow.
Again, wow.

·
Premium Member
3,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As much as I hated multifx when I was a teen, I wouldn't mind plying one. I think they are coming from a long way.
But I have too much invested in my pedalboard(s)!

I saw that they are “incorporating “ the DD,RV & MD-500 range in it, I wonder if it has all patches or just some.

So is it going to be cheaper than the Helix LT? (Or all 3 500 pedals?)

Sent from my other brain.

·
Premium Member
16,831 Posts
But I have too much invested in my pedalboard(s)!

I saw that they are “incorporating “ the DD,RV & MD-500 range in it, I wonder if it has all patches or just some.

So is it going to be cheaper than the Helix LT? (Or all 3 500 pedals?)

Sent from my other brain.
Thats when you sell the pedals if you like the multi :p

·
Premium Member
64 Gretsch 6120, 65 Fender Tremolux and a 58 Supro 1624T
3,116 Posts
If the effects in it are good quality then that's really not a bad price point. It's $700 less than a helix and well lets face it.... Us pedal nerds spend a lotta dough on pedals, I could sell two fuzz pedals and a delay and generate that kinda cash.

Reactions: bzrkrage

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
If the effects in it are good quality then that's really not a bad price point. It's $700 less than a helix and well lets face it.... Us pedal nerds spend a lotta dough on pedals, I could sell two fuzz pedals and a delay and generate that kinda cash.
Agreed. $1,300 is peanuts is it sounds good. I gladly paid $1,999+tax for my Helix and saved money compared to the rest of my rig. Between amp and pedalboard, I was easily carting around $4,000 worth of gear, so yeah...the numbers are really easy to justify when you break it down.

This is pretty much the exact same price as the Helix LT and seems to have a similar set of features (although it has Bluetooth, which can be very exciting!). If the sounds are any good at all, with its list of features, $1,300 is actually a really solid deal. It all depends on what it sounds like.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I'm not long clear of my 3rd effects processor, a GT100. Don't think I'll head back to them again.

I'm not the most patient person when it comes to those :D

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
I'd like to try one just to see how it stacks up against my pedal board. I have a GT10 but I'm not a fan of how it takes away from the feel of just plugging straight in or with a couple of pedals. These days it's just used with a set of headphones.

·
Registered
18,560 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,831 Posts
With the dollar sitting at $0.80 you should be able to get it for a little less and maybe even get a discount from GC and MF.
Its going to be the same price everywhere unless someone has a sale. Buy at your favourite boss dealer.

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Its going to be the same price everywhere unless someone has a sale. Buy at your favourite boss dealer.
No, it will be cheaper to buy in some places than others because they give an extra discount. Some people don't know about this and you are one of them which is too bad because posts like yours cost people money.

·
Registered
11,252 Posts
No, it will be cheaper to buy in some places than others because they give an extra discount. Some people don't know about this and you are one of them which is too bad because posts like yours cost people money.
are you serious? I'd love to hear more about this

·
Premium Member
16,831 Posts
An extra discount is called a sale.

Also if I want a discount, new hampshire is the place to be.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Everything sounds good. What will get you to keep a piece of gear is how easily you interact with it. I think that’s what people are missing in this equation. Something this deep and tweakable can sound bad too; how much time are you willing to learn how to use it.
I’m irreversibly down the multi-effect rabbit hole. It’s a bit of work but once you’ve been there it’s hard to go back.

This thing looks pretty incredible. I like Boss modeling.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts