The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I play some bass, and have the occasional bass gig. It’s fun

You can use the 001 as an interface with your recording program. There’s even microphone specific patches.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Gt1 is definitely more suited to live use, although I have plans to use the 001 live too.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
It’s definitely designed as a studio desktop. I use it on the couch.

I’ve successfuly tested a Raspberry Pi in the past to work as a MIDI host, which would make it useful to put on a board.

Here’s some or the sum of my knowledge about it.

My favourite patch for the bass. This could work for the GT-1 as well.
https://guitarscanada.com/index.php...k-for-bass-or-dont.151417/reply&quote=1454361

Turn the input down.
https://guitarscanada.com/index.php...it-recommendations.102097/page-3#post-1165665

My advice about using the Boss multi-effects units is to build the patches from scratch. Start with an amp, add one or two effects. When I set up a patch, I try to keep something useful in the effects I have turned off.

If I was going to have it on a board, it would be to do all the effects I don't otherwise have.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Here’s the patch I use most of the time, trying to sound like a Super Reverb, I fool around with the effects.

OD [off], Type Natural OD, Drive 50, Tone +2, E.Level 25, Bottom +25

PrA, Type Cln Twin, Gain 30, T-Comp 0, Level 100, Bass 100, Middle 85, Treble 70, Pres 45, Bright Off, Gain.Sw Middle, Sp.Typ Custom, Mic.Typ Dyn57, Mic.Dis Off Mic, Mic.Pos 2cm, Mic.Lvl 100, Dir.Mix 0, Sp.Size 10, Sp.Num x4, Cabinet Open, Color,L 0, Color.H 0

[Tone control settings follow this method I was taught, set them all to full, turn down what you have too much of]

Reverb, Type Spring, Time 2.9s, Pre.Dly 0ms, E.Level 26, Lo.Cut 250hz, Hi.Cut 4.00khz, Density 4, Dir.Mix 100, Spring 0

FX1 and FX2 are off, I’ve got FX1 set to Tremolo Medium and FX2 set to Rotary 2 Slow.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Interesting way to set tone. I find them wide ranging. A trick I like use is when I use the amp boost I also set the assigns to boost the mids. Works great for solos. The editor is pretty slick (but not without the occasional glitch)

I have a fair bit of experience with Boss multis: I own a GP-10 and now a GT-001- I’ve owned - GT-8/GT-10 and a GX-700.
I’m a fan you may say.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts