The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
I have a modded one. It sounds great. I've never tried an unmodded one either. Go figure. It seems like every pedal nowadays is modded.

:rockon:

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I just modded one for a guy here not to long ago. Stock I found it really thin and shrill/sharp sounding, after the mods though, a very nice pedal.

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
...sounds like you should go for the mods. i would also a/b it with the bad monkey (which may not require any mods), if i were you.

-dh

·
Registered
274 Posts
david henman said:
...sounds like you should go for the mods. i would also a/b it with the bad monkey (which may not require any mods), if i were you.

-dh
I would compare the bad monkey more with a tubescreamer. Its a good pedal, but it's definately (A) less gainy, (B) more suited for leads (cuts a lot of lows)

The blues driver is a bit fat and, should you adjust it so, raspy sounding pedal. I like it a lot. but it's not for everyone. I much prefer the keeley modded one also, have not tried other modder's versions.

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
I brought home both the Blues Driver and Super Overdrive (SD-1). I A/B'd 'em into my amp and played with all the settings. I ended up keeping the Super Overdrive. It was less harsh and warmer sounding. I could get the sounds that I wanted from it. It was better sounding to me. 3 months later I still love the SD-1, especially through my Epi Valve Jr.

Keith

1 - 7 of 7 Posts