1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
Don't really get the point of your post there Vadsy. I didn't realize Boss made amps till last year as well....but whatever.

I wouldn't mind hearing from somebody who plays the Katana as well. Heard some pretty good stuff about them.

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't really get the point of your post there Vadsy. I didn't realize Boss made amps till last year as well....but whatever.

I wouldn't mind hearing from somebody who plays the Katana as well. Heard some pretty good stuff about them.
From what I've seen the amps are called Boss Katana. Are they one and the same or different beasts.

When it comes to amps, I am quite out of the loop. I have gone to monitors and effects units as I found I get better tones for me that way. I hardly look at the amp forum any more.

·
Registered
11,013 Posts
I guess there is room to improvement this gear forum. A year is too long. Waza amps were introduced two years ago and Katana followed a year later.

·
Registered
890 Posts
From what I've seen the amps are called Boss Katana. Are they one and the same or different beasts.

When it comes to amps, I am quite out of the loop. I have gone to monitors and effects units as I found I get better tones for me that way. I hardly look at the amp forum any more.
Don't want to hijack the thread but I would like to know what you are using with your monitor. I saw an ad recently for the Radial Direct Drive Amp Simulator and wondered what it would be like with my Yamaha powered speaker. I haven't had a chance to really look into it further nor have I tried just plugging pedals direct into the speaker. Your comment has me thinking about it further.

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't want to hijack the thread but I would like to know what you are using with your monitor. I saw an ad recently for the Radial Direct Drive Amp Simulator and wondered what it would be like with my Yamaha powered speaker. I haven't had a chance to really look into it further nor have I tried just plugging pedals direct into the speaker. Your comment has me thinking about it further.
That's quite alright. What I am using now is the TC Helicon GTX.

Reactions: StratCat

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
I guess there is room to improvement this gear forum. A year is too long. Waza amps were introduced two years ago and Katana followed a year later.
Sounds fair. Thing is, sometimes I see something absolutely new to me and it ends up being a couple (or sometimes more) years old. Although I do typically have a quick look see in the threads and google to see if anything was previously posted, if that's what you mean.

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sounds fair. Thing is, sometimes I see something absolutely new to me and it ends up being a couple (or sometimes more) years old. Although I do typically have a quick look see in the threads and google to see if anything was previously posted, if that's what you mean.
I never do that. I must admit, I'm too lazy to take the time but it's good to see you do.

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I own one the Katana 100 112 & it is a beast of an amp .
Not sure where you've been hiding for the last year or so but here's a 519 page thread on them
BOSS KATANA 刀 amplifiers
So why do you fee the need to be rude? Do comments like the on above make you feel superior?

If you read the thread through, you would see that I have been using monitors for awhile now and am not really interested in amps. The Boss just caught my eye because of a friends' purchase.

·
Registered
11,013 Posts
So why do you fee the need to be rude? Do comments like the on above make you feel superior?

If you read the thread through, you would see that I have been using monitors for awhile now and am not really interested in amps. The Boss just caught my eye because of a friends' purchase.
You need to spend more time paying attention to gear and less to cute puppy pictures when you're on here.

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
I have owned a Boss Katana 100 head since shortly after they came out. It is without a doubt in my mind one of my favourite amp purchases of all time. It has served me well at rehearsals, gigs and home practice (built in 5" speaker!).
5 presets, all footswitchable, 5 amp models including an acoustic simulator. 3 built in effects controllers to choose from the 15 stock Boss effects. Access to 50 Boss effects through the Boss Tone Studio app.

How does it sound? Friggen awesome for my needs. The tone and the feelz are all there. Live it cuts through with ease. Gripes are minimal. Too much noise on the Lead and Brown amp model but I have not searched out the BTS available noise gate to help clear the problem. After taking my Matchless amp to a couple of jams and have it fail on me the Katana (and my Yamaha THR100 last night!) bailed me out admirably.

Katana's are well worth the modest price. YMMV

·
Registered
1,328 Posts

My apologies If i came off as rude . I had no intention of doing so . The Boss Katana is probably the best budget gear to come out in the last year & a half or so .

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
I have used it at home with a 2x12 Avatar with Celestions. At gigs and jams I have used it with my 2x12 Marshall cab and a 4x12 house Marshall cab. Not sure though if the 50 watt version comes in head form.

L

·
0 Posts
Not sure though if the 50 watt version comes in head form.
Looks like just combo form.
Weird thing though, looking on L&M's site,
the 100w combo is cheaper than just the head.
There may be something extra with the head?

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
Yes. The stand-alone practice combo format and, iirc, a couple of other features that sets it apart from the 100w combo.

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My apologies If i came off as rude . I had no intention of doing so . The Boss Katana is probably the best budget gear to come out in the last year & a half or so .
Thank you for your reply. I appear to have misinterpreted your intentions.

Reactions: copperhead
1 - 20 of 20 Posts