·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
The first link is the Amazon entry for a book, like a few I’ve found [such as a Joe Pass method book and The Peavey Revolution], that isn’t available in a hard copy from Hal Leonard anymore.

Lots of Hal Leonard’s books are available from the company as eBooks, and if you are American, on Kindle. Some are available in Canada on Kobo, but most, including this one, are available from iBooks.

The Guitar Pick-up Handbook, by Dave Hunter. [with CD!]
The Guitar Pick-Ups Handbook: Dave Hunter: 9780879309312: Books - Amazon.ca

Electric Guitar Sound Secrets and Tehnology, Helmuth Lemme.
Electric Guitar Sound Secrets and Technology - A Book as a Bridge between Two Worlds

The Science of Electric Guitar and Guitar Electronics, Jarmo Lahdevaara...thick & esoteric.
The Science of Electric Guitars and Guitar Electronics

Not completed book by Jim Darr, Pickup Book – NEW!

·
Premium Member
26,641 Posts
The Peavey chapter was a nice clear read with good illustrations. I particularly appreciated the writeup on horseshoe and steel guitar pickups.

I have the Hunter book. It's a reasonably comprehensive coverage of commercially-available pickup types, and comes with a CD with sound samples.

I recommend hanging out at the Pickup Makers subforum at MEF. People are pretty generous with their knowledge, and some higher-profile makers like Jason Lollar, Rick Turner, Wolfe McLeod, and Frank Falbo turn up intermittently. Probably some of the most valuableinformation comes from the old-timers who engage in experiments,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts