The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Disappointed!!! Picked up a used Blues Driver yesterday at L&M for a great price. Was really looking forward to finally checking one out. Plug it in with a wall wart and it sounds like it has a dying battery. Same thing with a battery. Also have to crank the controls to hear anything. Oh well, at least it wasn't a kijiji buy.

·
Registered
24,696 Posts
If you ever run into one, the old Boss ROD-10 is one of those half-rack things, that has 5 different overdrives and distortions, with 3-band EQ and sweepable mids. Two of the overdrives are very close in design the the BD-2. One of the distortions is similar toa Superfuzz (i.e., intended to generate octave-up fuzz). The unit IS a table-top/rack enclosure, but can be switched on and off via a simple remote footswitch, and used like a pedal.

I think I paid $25 for mine. For whatever reason, folks just aren't into them. Worth considering if you ever run into one.

·
Registered
24,696 Posts
Have you ever done the rice-in-a-sealed-bag treatment? Alternatively, if one has little dessicant bags from pill bottles or packaging, you can use that too, instead of rice.

·
Registered
24,696 Posts
I have the RPH-10 Phaser unit as well. I guess the series was connected with a certain era of home-studio creation, 4-channel cassette decks and all. But they're great little units, and amenable to mods and remote footswitching.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Have you ever done the rice-in-a-sealed-bag treatment? Alternatively, if one has little dessicant bags from pill bottles or packaging, you can use that too, instead of rice.
We've done it a couple of times with cell phones. Just don't eat the rice after. LOL.

I bought it from L&M used in that condition. They refunded me. I won't find another one for $45 I am sure.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Haha. Reminds me of the time I took a buddy of mine into a pawn shop. He had never been to one. I told him that, "this is where people sell their dreams and we get to buy them for cheap".

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Managed to finally pick up a BD-2 at a decent price off kijiji today. Pots are a little scratchy but I must say that I am pretty impressed. Gritty, gritty, gritty!!!

·
Premium Member
11,082 Posts
BNPD? Around here that means Bruce Nuclear Power Development.

The Blues Driver is a good pedal, not nuclear though. It's one of the better drive pedals, like the Marshall Gov'nor, that isn't boutique or likely to cost a king's ransom.

·
Registered
10,505 Posts
If you ever run into one, the old Boss ROD-10 is one of those half-rack things, that has 5 different overdrives and distortions, with 3-band EQ and sweepable mids. Two of the overdrives are very close in design the the BD-2. One of the distortions is similar toa Superfuzz (i.e., intended to generate octave-up fuzz). The unit IS a table-top/rack enclosure, but can be switched on and off via a simple remote footswitch, and used like a pedal.

I think I paid $25 for mine. For whatever reason, folks just aren't into them. Worth considering if you ever run into one.
I've heard Colin Cripps uses an old Boss rackmount multi-effects unit for a lot of stuff.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts