The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

Blue Cat Audio Re-Guitar VST plug-in

954 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  davetcan 
#1 ·
#3 ·
This plug-in is now available for $69.00 or 69 Euros. They have Mac and PC demos available so you can try before you buy. The only two demo limitations are having up to five instances of the plug-in allowed per session and the effect is bypassed for half a second every minute. I've already downloaded my demos and I was checking them out earlier this evening. I was using a dual humbucker guitar and I liked the acoustic emulations, but naturally it's not going to sound exactly like a Martin, Taylor or Godin series acoustic but there's definitely an acoustic "flavour" to the sound.

I also liked the Tele and Jazz Box emulations. I was a little disappointed in the Strat type emulations but that's also down to what virtual amp you use. If I was using more of a Fender Twin type model it probably would have sounded more convincing. I'll have to try again later with different amps next time to give it more of a chance. There are also Gretsch type emulations as well but it didn't sound convincing and again that's down to the virtual amp you use. Personally I think this is a pretty impressive plug-in and the demo limitations are quite generous. You will hear things cut out and you'll hear your actual guitar pickups instead of the emulations once every minute or so but it only lasts for half a second.

Once again here's the link if you want to either demo the plug-in or buy it:

Blue Cat's Re-Guitar - Guitar Pickup And Body Simulator (VST, VST3, AAX and Audio Unit Plug-in)

Also check out the video on the webpage.

#5 ·
Yeah, I've played around with it a bit more and I can now get an out-of-phase Strat sound out of my dual humbucker guitar. You have to read the manual as it has some simple, but effective instructions. It also depends, in a pretty large part, on the type of virtual amp you're using.

For example, using a Fender Twin type of amp emulation with the virtual single coils emulation will give it that more authentic sound. You should download the demo Dave. I think you'll be quite surprised at how well this nails certain pickups. I still have to try using my Strat and Tele with this to see if I can get it to sound like a Les Paul, Gretsch or Jazz Box.

#6 ·
Yeah, I've played around with it a bit more and I can now get an out-of-phase Strat sound out of my dual humbucker guitar. You have to read the manual as it has some simple, but effective instructions. It also depends, in a pretty large part, on the type of virtual amp you're using.

For example, using a Fender Twin type of amp emulation with the virtual single coils emulation will give it that more authentic sound. You should download the demo Dave. I think you'll be quite surprised at how well this nails certain pickups. I still have to try using my Strat and Tele with this to see if I can get it to sound like a Les Paul, Gretsch or Jazz Box.
If I can find some time I will do that :)

Reactions: Kenmac
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.