The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd share this bit musical history with you all.
Guitar Centre Hollywood, has on display Blackie. Eric Clapton's mongrel Strat that they paid almost one million dollars for. Yes just about 18 inches of air and some bullet proof Lexan between me and.....
Well, you get the picture. They had some security company that does this for rare and expensive diamonds build this display case. Bullet proof, Fire proof and bolted to the joists of the building. Ain't no one getting out of there with that sucka'
Pete

P.S. This is the real thing...not one of those $20,000 relics that GC commissioned Fender to do.
Which incidently, I played their prototype there and.....better to buy something else me thinks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey great. Thanks Pete. You do get around and come up with some fabulous and interesting stuff to share with the rest of us. What's in store for us next??

Cheers,
Mark

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
Pete! Thanks for sharing - really cool.... looks just like a hundred other strats though. Reminds me that it is indeed the man behind the wheel.....

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
hey, thx for sharing the pic!!

looks too clean to me though...they should have left some "EC was here" mojo on it, hehe

None

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
kirby323 said:
Hey great. Thanks Pete. You do get around and come up with some fabulous and interesting stuff to share with the rest of us. What's in store for us next??

Cheers,
Mark

Well here is a little something that has nothing to do with Blackie but....

Last night we went to the Dresden room in Los Feliz to see the legendary Marty and Elayne. The greatest lounge duo of all time. (They are in the movie Swingers with Vince Vaughn.) I'm sitting there soaking up the ultra cool lounge atmosphere (and a few dozen martinis) when this guy comes up to me. Says he's from Toronto, collects guitars, and has some hit TV show called Two Four. I said... "is that about the May 24th weekend and a little partying?". He says "no man, I'm a cop and...." I stopped him right there. I said" what kind of crap is that. you bust people for drinking on the May 24th weekend on a TV show called Two Four." You're no Canadian.
At any rate, I finally get Marty and Elayne to let me take a picture of them and me, when that goof runs in front of the camera and ruins the shot. I have no idea who this guy is. Says, both his parents are actors.
Whatever!

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sysexguy said:
Pete, you're lookin' good considering the few dozen Martinis:tongue:
That's when I'm at my most handsome:tongue:
:food-smiley-004:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Pete, I am trying to figure out how I can hate you and love you at the same time. I figure it would be easier to do if I were you? You met KS? I hope you seriously pitched the May 24 plotline for Day7. They could use the help.

·
Premium Member
13,028 Posts
What?!? No hat ?!?

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Kiefer Sutherland! He has his own signature guitar too I think?

I'm addicted to watching 24... downloaded and watched all the seasons now I'm just waiting for January 14th for the new one to start lol.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts