The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some opinions here. I am in the middle of changing the neck on my project strat and since it is apart I am re evaluating the pickguard and knobs.
Just wondering which would look better with this pickguard and strat
White knobs and switch tip and pickup covers or Black all round ???? Here's a pick to help visualize but only in white.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'd say black. White looks like... ... I don't know. Like if these parts didn't really fit with the rest of the guitar... Well, black, definitely. Girl opinion here, wooo!! :wave:

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Jcon the visual aid is very helpful... I have been leaning towards the black myself

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I'd say go with black all around. I like the pickguard.:food-smiley-004:

·
Registered
20 Posts
I say white...only because I have all black with a white pearloid pickguard and if we jammed it would look weird! lol

But seriously all black does look killer and is not the norm.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
rideough said:
I say white...only because I have all black with a white pearloid pickguard and if we jammed it would look weird! lol

But seriously all black does look killer and is not the norm.
I guess you're not going to be jamming with Paul. It would look too weird.:tongue:

·
Registered
546 Posts
I like white. Normal is ok by me. Black covers and white Guard is to much contrast,,,, or not.

Let us see when you've finished.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well a Black PG sounds like a good idea but the cream pearloid one that is on it looks really good on the black, better in person then the pics. As for normal I got lots of that want something different .I'm going to try the black accessories and see what it looks like, and yes I'll follow up with pics. Thanks for the opinions, this is my blackie strat... bought in pieces and assembled. :food-smiley-004:

·
Registered
526 Posts
my favorite look for a strat is black body, pu cover and knobs and a black/white/black guard....and a 70's style large headstock with maple neck.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sounds good, but my neck is rosewood, it is a 72 reissue neck (CIJ) the body is an american vintage 70's reissue (ash) and the pups are CS 69's. A multi cultural guitar.....:D

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Ok so i went with the black, I had a bit of a delay waiting on tuners but it is finally together and set up.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

It plays and sounds as I had hoped, great sound from the CS69's

It is the newest member to my Fender family...

[/IMG]

The sunburst is a 68 reissue MIJ with Fralin Blues Specials and the Callaham Vintage Bridge package. The tele is a 67 with Texas tele pups and
the 4 way switch mod.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts