The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's time to upgrade my old Hammer again. I did the p/u's and pots a little while ago and now it's time for hardware. It needs a new bridge badly, this one is all worn out and wont stay in tune at all. Just don't know if I should stick with chrome or go black. What do ya think???

On the left of course.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Black looks much cooler! It will give that Hamer some attitude!!

My first Gibson was just like yours, in Wine Red, a Studio right? Great axe!

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep wine red studio. I like it so much I went guitar shopping yesterday and nothing really spoke to me. They just didn't play or sound like a Les Paul.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I don't wanna bash other guitars but before I got my 1st Les Paul, I had been playing on a PRS (Swamp Ash Special) for a couple of years and as I went to a music store to get an effects processor, the guy there had no PRS so he offered me to try it with something close to my PRS, so he handed me this Studio Les Paul... Went back there the next morning and got out of the store with the Les Paul and a G-Major!!! I got so impressed with it I sold my PRS couple of weeks after that! Since that time, I got myself 3 more Les Pauls. I finally got the best (for me), a Faded one. Bought it last year. I just love the finish on that guitar and those Burstbuckers are just the best! I'm no millionaire, so I couldn't keep my other LP's but if I was to win a great deal of cash, I'd sure be buying more of these!

The sustain is just incredible, the feel is great, nothing beats my LP!

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My story is kinda the same. I always like LPs but I really wanted and PRS. Last year I finally had the money to buy a new guitar. I went and tryed out a CE24 for a good 30 min and was loving it. Then my buddy picked up a black studio and handed it to me. I left empty handed cause I was to confused and little heart broken. The one I thought I was gonna buy wasn't the best for me. So I went back week later and played them both again. Two weeks later I went back and bought the Studio. Not one regret about it.

Oh yeah! Back on topic, black or chrome!!!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Black is cooler and meaner!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
black, of course.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts