Registered
371 Posts
Any deals on the
Preferred Series 7025 / 12AX7?

I cannot find any specials on the webpage. Thanks

·
Premium Member
951 Posts
Quest Musique has some Black Friday deals, including online sales. Deals are active now.

Of note, they have 15% of JHS and Wampler pedals, and 20% off some Audio-Technica headphones (love my ATH-M50's). More info here.

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
I thought The Tube Store sale does not start until Friday.

Have a look at KO Amplifiers and Effects Pedals Kevin O'Reilly in North Bay, Ontario. I love his Stout Drive. Big fat fuzz with great note definition, and sensitive to pick attack. Also love the Clean Machine. Can play whisper quiet, or gig volume. No worries about ripping tolex or getting wet.

·
Premium Member
17,384 Posts
See if axe and you shall recieve is doing one. I suspect most stores are doing some type of sale.

·
Registered
57 Posts
L&M has "local" sales on but sadly, there's not a whole hell of a lot at the store here in town except for some used Epiphones, Squiers and a few bass amps.... :\

·
Premium Member
17,384 Posts
L&M has "local" sales on but sadly, there's not a whole hell of a lot at the store here in town except for some used Epiphones, Squiers and a few bass amps.... :\
That's why you get the good stuff shipped over ;)

·
Registered
349 Posts
The Tube Store just sent me a notification for a Black Friday /Cyber Monday sale
Was just looking at their BF (no, not blackface) prices. Looks to me like overall Tube Depot is still a fair bit cheaper, even with their regular non-BF marked down prices:(

·
Premium Member
12,582 Posts
I went on line late last night - it was after midnight out east - and Tubestore sale was already on.

So I bought new tubes for my LSS (Preferred Series 7189) and TA15 (Mullard EL-84), my main gigging amps. I also bought a few low gain preamp tubes, 12AT7 and a 12AU7 (since shipping was already covered). Preamp tubes don't wear out, and I've got lots of them, it's power tubes I worry about. They get more expensive every year, new production is questionable, and I don't think it will get any better any time soon. So I figure I may as well stock up to get me through the next decade or two.

·
Premium Member
1,786 Posts
I went on line late last night - it was after midnight out east - and Tubestore sale was already on.

So I bought new tubes for my LSS (Preferred Series 7189) and TA15 (Mullard EL-84), my main gigging amps. I also bought a few low gain preamp tubes, 12AT7 and a 12AU7 (since shipping was already covered). Preamp tubes don't wear out, and I've got lots of them, it's power tubes I worry about. They get more expensive every year, new production is questionable, and I don't think it will get any better any time soon. So I figure I may as well stock up to get me through the next decade or two.
I pick up another set of Preferred 7189s every time they go on sale. They're going to run out of them eventually so best to stock up.

P

·
0 Posts
I was in Walmart to last night to get washer fluid (ran out) and they had 30" smart TV's for $299, 55" RCA 4K smart TV's for $499 I figured that was not bad.
Never buy RCA TVs. I did a few years ago. Out of the 4 I bought 3 were defective. RCA has the worst warranty phone system. The one still in use doesn't have proper remote codes so the Bell remote cannot turn it on/off or volume. Just don't do it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts