The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

Black Friday Guitar Impulse Buy: I Never Do This

2K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  DrumBob 
#1 ·
It's Black Friday, our traditional day-after-Thanksgiving shopping blitz here in the USA, the official start of the Christmas gift buying season. I visited a couple of Guitar Center stores and impulse-bought a new Epiphone SG Sp[ecial with P90s in sparkling burgundy. I'd had my eye on this guitar since it's release this past fall, so it was a total impulse buy, but close enough. Truth is, I never impulse buy guitars. But, this time, I did.

I played it for about 10-15 minutes and was sold on the playability, the looks, the sound, and most of all, the tuning stability, which is very important. At home, I lowered the bridge/tailpiece and was glad there were no dead spots. There is just a bit of fret sprout, so I just fired up my humidifier and hopefully, that will remedy that issue in a few days.

All in all, I'm extremely pleased with the purchase. The GC sales kid gave me 15% off willingly (I paid cash), so I got it for $362 with sales tax. Seems like a keeper. In the end, it was the tuning stability that closed the sale.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.