The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried this pedal- it seems to be a real cheap reverb pedal that sounds pretty nice. Is it too good to be true? $74.99 on Amazon.ca

·
Premium Member
3,153 Posts
I got my Biyang delay for $50 (probably very similar in that both are based on the PT2399 chip).

I find the Biyang stuff good enough, but is not built well. The switch on my delay died within a few weeks of me getting it (and I wasn't flicking it madly). So I tried to replace the switch and found that the PCB is pretty shitty (like 60s single-sided stuff; heat a pad too long and you'll lift a trace) and just full of surface mount components (which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it means hard to repair). I have replaced it with a PT2399 based delay I built myself.

Other people have not had the same issues as me with their switches; at the price they go for it may be worth it, but for critical situations (tour/gig vs at home or casual jams out) I would pack a spare.

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any quality control issues- was it quiet- bottom end, true bypass? Sorry I didn't have the new post yet!

·
Premium Member
3,153 Posts
All fine until the switch broke. True bypass IIRC, no noise issues before that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts