The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We seem to have a few players of this amazing game, so I figured I'd see what everyone's style is.

Did you save the little girls or harvest them?
I'm saving them. It's weird I usually don't care in games, but I'm strangely protective of these kids.

What's your favourite plasmids?
I'm loving Enrage. It's only effective in crowds, but nothing is better than walking in a room filled with splicers and/or a Big Daddy, liberally tossing around some rage, and watching everyone thin the ranks and destroy each other, while you save ammo and hopefully end up getting a weakened Big Daddy out of the deal.

Can't say enough about this game. It really is the one for all 360 owners. Well except kids I guess.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
We seem to have a few players of this amazing game, so I figured I'd see what everyone's style is.

Did you save the little girls or harvest them?
I'm saving them. It's weird I usually don't care in games, but I'm strangely protective of these kids.

What's your favourite plasmids?
I'm loving Enrage. It's only effective in crowds, but nothing is better than walking in a room filled with splicers and/or a Big Daddy, liberally tossing around some rage, and watching everyone thin the ranks and destroy each other, while you save ammo and hopefully end up getting a weakened Big Daddy out of the deal.

Can't say enough about this game. It really is the one for all 360 owners. Well except kids I guess.
I'm an achievement whore so I save the girls. You need to save them all though.

I enjoy enrage as well, the best is when get 2 big daddies in the same room, they beat the crap out of each other.

·
Premium Member
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm an achievement whore so I save the girls. You need to save them all though.

I enjoy enrage as well, the best is when get 2 big daddies in the same room, they beat the crap out of each other.
Awesome!!!

I haven't seen 2 big daddies at once yet. I can't wait.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I'm not too far into it.

I saved the first girl and then I killed the next 2 or 3 I've seen.

Great game though. Have you played System Shock 2 (for the PC)?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/System_Shock_2

Bioshock is a "spiritual successor" to System Shock 2. For legal reasons and whatnot they couldn't name it System Shock 3.

System Shock was the scariest PC game ever. Bioshock is cool but not quite the game that System Shock 2 was.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Beat bioshock, but I don't find theres a huge replay value... That might be the only downside to it.

and, Has anyone seen a teleportation plasmid? it was in the youtube videos but I haven't seen any in game posters or anything about it.

·
Premium Member
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Beat bioshock, but I don't find theres a huge replay value... That might be the only downside to it.

and, Has anyone seen a teleportation plasmid? it was in the youtube videos but I haven't seen any in game posters or anything about it.
The devlopers said they had to cut out a few plasmids because they couldn't get themto integrate well without screwing up the balance of the game. I've heard rumours that they may be free downloads down the line or they will hold them off until the sequel.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I just got a 360 as a FAMILY gift for Christmas :smilie_flagge17: and Bioshock is one of the first games I plan on getting! Can't wait to play it!:banana:

·
Registered
34 Posts
I harvest all of the little sisters. I enjoy ADAM. It makes me feel powerful. My fav. plasmid is telekenesis. It's not only fun, but really handy. Throwing a box at an unwanted splicer is alot easier than unloading machine gun rounds sometimes.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I finished Bioshock. it's overrated and there is no way it deserves the high ratings that its getting.

Gameplay is too short and killing that dude at the end took about 90 seconds.

i guess I'll try playing the expert level next time (and trust me I'm no expert), perhaps that will make it a little more exciting.

WFIW. I bought the 360 specifically for Bioshock and Mass Effect and I was disappointed in both games.

The Orange box is cool, and Oblivion. I guess I'll wait until GTA IV in the spring.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
I finished Bioshock. it's overrated and there is no way it deserves the high ratings that its getting.

Gameplay is too short and killing that dude at the end took about 90 seconds.

i guess I'll try playing the expert level next time (and trust me I'm no expert), perhaps that will make it a little more exciting.

WFIW. I bought the 360 specifically for Bioshock and Mass Effect and I was disappointed in both games.

The Orange box is cool, and Oblivion. I guess I'll wait until GTA IV in the spring.
Bioshock rocked but I played it on expert the first time.

If you want some good long game play go with COD2 and COD3, especially on Veteran level. If you want the best online play go with Rainbow 6 or COD4.

No 360 owner should be without Gears of War.

If you want some fun racing go with Dirt. If you want realistic physics in your racing go with Forza.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Bioshock rocked but I played it on expert the first time.

If you want some good long game play go with COD2 and COD3, especially on Veteran level. If you want the best online play go with Rainbow 6 or COD4.

No 360 owner should be without Gears of War.

If you want some fun racing go with Dirt. If you want realistic physics in your racing go with Forza.
I guess i was a little disappointed in Bioshock as I referred to earlier in the thread about it's predesessor (sp?) System Shock 2. There were WAY to many similarities.

Is Gears of War that great? The commercial was cool. I guess I'll pick it up during the Boxing day sales...

·
Registered
247 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts