The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow...

After doing my searches by regions in Kijiji and having my preferred searches saved in mybrowsers preferences for years.... Kijiji now changed it all up !!! *#*(

You now have to input your location and pre determine how many KM for a search area radius... o_O

Making my hunting more difficult....

How do you guys like it ???o_O

Yay or Nay ???

Im Pissed...:mad:

·
Premium Member
17,332 Posts
Mine was changed to what you mention above for a few days and then was changed back to the original format.

I didn't like the pre-determined Km.s as the lowest I could get was 50 Km and that would include cities I would not drive to for a sale/purchase.

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine was changed to what you mention above for a few days and then was changed back to the original format.

I didn't like the pre-determined Km.s as the lowest I could get was 50 Km and that would include cities I would not drive to for a sale/purchase.
Your lucky that it changed back... mine is not allowing any of my old searches to go thru...

Being on island's here, sectors or regions is better … I don't want to see the for sale adds on the other side of the bridges here since Montreal traffic is the worst in the world... :mad:

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
I’m using an app, no search changes. Only home page layout changes so far

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just verified on my phone. On my phone you still have by sectors ???

This is weird...

Are they testing new search method's ?

Is it browser related ???

By region is by far more versatile.

·
Premium Member
4,487 Posts
I'm still able to search by city or province

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Seem to be browser related on my laptop.

Microsoft edge only give me by KM.

Firefox lets me search by region.

Guess ill be using my Firefox now! o_O

·
Registered
398 Posts
Rather than search a city I search the entire province by inputting the province name rather than the city name, that way you don't have to input KM's from your location as the search area.

TD

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
you can't hide dealer listings anymore unless they moved the button and i can't find it. turns browsing for deals into a scavenger hunt to find the 1/50 that isn't from a dealer listing everything in their inventory. i've almost entirely switched to FB marketplace, don't check kijiji much anymore

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
you can't hide dealer listings anymore unless they moved the button and i can't find it. turns browsing for deals into a scavenger hunt to find the 1/50 that isn't from a dealer listing everything in their inventory. i've almost entirely switched to FB marketplace, don't check kijiji much anymore
Yeah..its gotten so bad in Montreal. I agree...maybe 1 in 50 that isn't a dealer or the same idiots re-posting 5x a day.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts