The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know any modern version of the dyna-comp that isn't made by dunlop? i have the dunlop one and it is way too noisy. are there any pedal makers that make a compy based on the dyna-comp? most modern compys are based on the ross, but I like the dyna-comp

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
What about a vintage Dyna comp? Some of the early block or script versions of the Dyna Comp. The early run dyna comps were made by MXR before they sold out to Dunlop. You can pick up a early block dyna comp for under 90 on ebay.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
You can try a mod kit from Monte Allums. Easy to with great results. I've never done a Dynacomp but can't be that hard.

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
K Thanks Stratin. I ordered a mod-kit yesterday. I hope it will take away the noise

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
You could also try the BYOC compressor, offers either the Ross or Dyna Comp build and has a mod to select either build. PM me if your interested in taking a look at one, I have it is set up as a Ross but easily modded for dyna comp.

·
Registered
61 Posts
You could also try the BYOC compressor, offers either the Ross or Dyna Comp build and has a mod to select either build. PM me if your interested in taking a look at one, I have it is set up as a Ross but easily modded for dyna comp.
I'm gonna second that. I have two BYOC kits myself and they're fantastic.

I also happen to have an 81' early block dyna comp that i got for about 100$CDN off of ebay and it's vastly superior to any of the dunlops i've tried so do check those out.

Cheers!
-Falcatarius

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
You don't need to buy a kit, there are tons of sites explaining the mod to turn it into the Ross type of compressor and it does work with the reissues.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts