The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,483 Posts
Maguiars polishes up nicely with a terry cloth towel, or if you want top of the line its 3m Perfect it. Also I think Fender uses Menzerna wax which you can get at wood essence. And Behlen makes a super fine polish as well.

Reactions: keto

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
I have been using this stuff for years on vintage finishes, even French polish finishes.No issues.... ...
cleans, polishes, takes out light scratches.
FWIW Most paints are 'tender' until the curing period. I give at least 3 weeks before applying any compounds.

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
I have been using this stuff for years on vintage finishes, even French polish finishes.No issues.... ...
FWIW Most paints are 'tender' until the curing period. I give at least 3 weeks before applying any compounds.
+1 on the Nu Finish (Canadian Tire used to carry this, don't know if they still do...) I also have some Stew Mac finishing compound that works really well that you're welcome to try.

·
Registered
8,191 Posts

I know no one really wants to repair or refinish their guitar, but while this may be working fine, it is full of silicone and will make the job really difficult.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
I know no one really wants to repair or refinish their guitar, but while this may be working fine, it is full of silicone and will make the job really difficult.
true enough...any polish or wax would obviously have to be removed during a 'prep' for refinishing. Sanded and wiped down with a light application of lacquer thinners to remove any substance that would potentially cause the dreaded and fugly 'fish-eye'.

·
Premium Member
9,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's intended for cleaning, not polishing. Not saying it wouldn't work, but I wouldn't be the one to experiment on a freshly finished surface with it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts