The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a huge bag of hardwood charcoal at home depot for $20 or so, a couple months ago

now they don't carry it anymore

I can only seem to find fake charcoal brickettes anywhere.....there must be a good place to buy large bags of hardwood charcoal?

thx

·
Registered
11,729 Posts
I am by no means an expert, I just bought my first bag of briquettes last weekend, but after the current bag of 'Weber' branded runs out I'm going for Kingsford Blue from Canadian Tire.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Surely Canadian Tire, Rona, Home Hardware, or similar stores would carry it?
Yes,all these stores in my area carry 20lb bags of lump charcoal.I don't use briquettes.
Unfortunately ,mostly the same couple of brands,might be a regional thing.
I've been wanting to get some different brands for comparison,guess I'll have to order online.

My BIL gets his at Costco

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys, RONA had the stuff!!

bought a couple big bags...I BBQ all year round

never thought of going to RONA, figured they just sold lumber etc

previously tried home depot, metro, loblaws, and no BBQ places came up near me when I googled

have been to BBQ's Galore in Burlington though, great selection of stuff there

·
Premium Member
8,514 Posts
Thanks for that,next trip to Kanata I'll check it out .Not too far from me .
They even import pimento wood and leaves from Jamaica for jerk chicken.

Each brand of charcoal is rated and described, so you can't go wrong.

...and all the goodies...it's awesome there. I purchased my BBQ and a smokenator from them.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,729 Posts
I'm new to the charcoal world as I've only made it through my second bag this weekend. I do have to say comparing the Weber branded stuff and the Kingsford Blue I much prefer the latter. First thing I noticed is it burns much cleaner, I smelled more applewood from the chunks I added than the actual briquettes. It also seems to burn hotter and more consistent once you get over the initial startup and set the vents up. Also, less than 12 bucks at Canadian Tire for a bag and it is good for two 8 hour cooks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts