The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy has a museum quality Silvertone 1423 that needs a setup. The major issue is the action is high. I think the bridge saddle needs to be shaved down a bit. Any suggestions on who he should take it to?

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
Paul Iverson, he's on the North Shore but he's worth the trip. He works out of Tom Lee at 800 - 801 Marine Drive, North Vancouver. He's worked on a few of my guitars. I was very happy with the results. I arrived when he was finishing a setup on one. He invited me into the shop to talk about guitars while he worked. It was a lesson in finesse watching him set the intonation on my SG. I learned a lot that day about how changing one little screw a half turn affects everything else on the guitar. He does great work and is reasonable considering the quality of his work.

·
Premium Member
11,616 Posts
I agree, Paul is one of the best.

I've also had quite a bit of work done by Barry Ewart and would recommend him. He is in East Burnaby, just off Lougheed and Production (but close to the skytrain, if that helps).

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
All 12 of my guitars go to Paul, from a Art&Lutherie folk cw to my 1998 Gibson L4 ces. I have been taking guitars to him for 30 years always satisfied.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts