The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

I was just wondering if anyone knew the best place in Calgary to get a neck refretted. It's for a '94 Strat. Any ideas how much it would cost? I heard Mr. Mozell at Axe in Calgary does refret jobs, but he's booked until like 2099 or something. Anyways, any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!
:smilie_flagge17:

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Did you try Miles at Fretworks?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Refretting

Thanks 'dwagar'!

I'll check with him first thing on Monday! His rates are from $80 - $100/hr. Is that the usual going rate? or is it a bit high?

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Sorry, I don't know if his rates are high or not, but in my experience Miles has always done great work. He's my go to guy when I need work done.

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
+1 on Miles' work. Top notch - (pun intended!) He's worked on several of my instruments over the years, often charging me $0.00 if its a tweak here or there. He's fanatical about getting it right. My experience with Mozell has been mixed - although he gets good reviews from lots of folks on here.

Peter

·
Registered
8 Posts
Miles does great work, but he is a bit on the expensive side. If you're in the west of the city, Dave Holloway lives in Springbank and is a fair bit cheaper than Mozell or Miles and he really does great work.
PM me if you want his phone number.

·
Registered
1 Posts
To any Guitar Players looking around Calgary for high quality precision re-fret work

The shop rates at Fret Works have been reduced to between $60.00-$72.00 per hour for quite some time. Same uncompromizing quality and lifetime warranty on all
workmanship and materials.

·
Registered
14,753 Posts
The shop rates at Fret Works have been reduced to between $60.00-$72.00 per hour for quite some time. Same uncompromizing quality and lifetime warranty on all
workmanship and materials.
Cool, may have to check it out.
I don't need a refret--but maybe a fret dressing...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts