The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 8ohm and 16ohm compatibility thing from a previous post has lead me to consider a good pedal that can emulate the earlier JTM45 and/or Plexi era amps instead. I only play (read noodle) at home so this may work better for me. I will be going thru a 15 watt Fender Super Champ X2 - clean tube channel. I also have Weber Mini Mass attenuator that can push the 6V6s into some overdrive if I need to. I'm leaning a little more towards JTM45, or less OD with Plexi style. Suggestions?

·
Premium Member
8,894 Posts
There's a vintage Ross pedal on for sale in the forum that sounded exactly like my vintage script mxr d+ only with more output. I liked those for my marshall tone. Mind you, I was always playing through a vintage marshall circuit...

sounded like shit through a fender amp.

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Box of Rock seems seems to be on the top of many player's list. Not exactly cheap. Seems to be different versions, but I am wondering if it just the housing of the pedal. Wonder if there is any difference between the Vertical and Vexter series??

·
Premium Member
28,362 Posts
Box of Rock seems seems to be on the top of many player's list. Not exactly cheap. Seems to be different versions, but I am wondering if it just the housing of the pedal. Wonder if there is any difference between the Vertical and Vexter series??
Nah. AFAIK, it's a simple reorientation for the purposes of pedalboard compatibility.

·
Premium Member
12,980 Posts
I found a Menatone Workingmans Blue (the smaller, 4 knob version) that works great into my DRRI. In particular, the two tone controls (Presence and Mid Push) seem to cover that tonal range that helps get the Fender clean into that older Marshall vibe. It's the best I've owned, so far.

·
Registered
6,275 Posts
For JTM tones, it's the Box of Rock hands-down for me. I love the OCD, the Plexi Tone and Plextortion, but those are much higher-gain pedals that are closer to the 2204/JCM800 sound - still good, but if you're looking for vintage crunch, the BoR wins for me.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.