The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What's the best music streaming service? Spotify, Deezer, Amazon?

My issue is that I had a 1year subscription with my Rogers cell phone contract but it's just run out. Now, I went to subscribe again and because I have a UK bank account they want to charge me £9.99pm, which equates to around $16pm. Here in Canada it costs $9.99! What a rip off!!

·
Premium Member
4,493 Posts
I've been happy with Spotify. I pay the monthly subscription and think it's worth it. I like it better than Apple Music as it doesn't try to mess with your own collection like Apple Music does.

·
Premium Member
8,513 Posts
I know amazon is free for 30 days. I tried looking for some less popular 80s metal and came up short. The streaming was fine.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Not too many complaints with Apple. like most though, anything somewhat obscure can be hit and miss.

·
Registered
347 Posts
My vote is for Apple, the biggest reason is that it also includes the iCloud Music Library which uploads all your stuff that Apple doesn't have, so you have access to both your library and theirs.
You can also include both on any playlists you make.
Though, in all honesty, I've been doing the subscription thing for about 8 years and Rdio was the best, before they got bought out by Pandora, that was the only reason I switched to Apple.

·
Premium Member
4,493 Posts
Not too many complaints with Apple. like most though, anything somewhat obscure can be hit and miss.
I tried it when it first came out. It screwed up my existing collection so badly, I had to go through every single song to re-categorize them and put them back into my playlists. Some songs were just wiped completely from my collection and I had to reload them from CDs. I’m never taking a chance with Apple Music again.

·
Premium Member
17,176 Posts
You're missing the point - I'm complaining it is 50% dearer for Spotify in UK.
Are you in the UK currently? If not, do what larry said and save the money.

·
Registered
949 Posts
My kids put me onto Spotify at Christmas and for the listener, it’s great. But I have heard (no substantiation) that it’s not too giving to the artists. So, better for listeners or better for the artists. Probably not both.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts