The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Marvin was my Mum's "John Lennon". I remember how she reacted when she found out he was dead.... when you're 10, and you see your Mum cry, you can't not cry. And now that she is gone, I was very ready to hate and condemn this, even before I clicked on it, but I can't. It's fantastic! To be able to hear both of these, and say.... 'I think it will work', is genius. I'll vote to say it is the best Mash-Up I've ever heard.

Makes me wonder though, did RATT borrow something??

·
Registered
9,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can't stop listening to this. I'm actually going to convert it to MP3 so that I have it on my computer and I guarantee that it will end up on a CD in my car...probably before the end of the weekend!

·
Registered
636 Posts
I wanted to send this to some people, and it was a bit harder to find on You-Tube than I thought it would be. You have to be specific with the title... but, in finding it, I also found a few others. This is by far the best one I've heard as far as pure mixing. Others are "good", or clever, but this is a cut above. I found a few with 80's Post Punk stuff I like too. New Order, Depeche Mode, Cure, but those are at least from the same vein. These two are worlds apart from a genre standpoint.

·
Registered
9,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To find it on youtube all you have to do is to click on the title in the video above (the white text). This works for all youtube videos linked elsewhere.

·
Registered
9,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I thought that was kind of cute. They look like they are all under 13 years old. I am sure we have all sounded a lot worse at some point in our lives.

I sounded worse than that yesterday and I am sure I will again later this evening when I finish getting work done and find time to pick up a guitar.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
A live sort of mash up

1 - 20 of 22 Posts