The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up an Elvis LIve IN Canada 8 track.That has to be one of the best Live recordings form The Great White Way.Any others? what are other great live in Canada recordings?

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Rush - All the World's a Stage is one of my favourites.

·
Premium Member
2,968 Posts
Ozzy Tribute - I beleive it was recorded in BC. April Wine had one back in the 80s, I think it was called One For The Road. It kicked ass..........

·
Registered
319 Posts
Rush

I too like "All the worlds a Stage" by Rush..........Massey Hall recorded........its not the best sounding but its got a raw energy about it that I love..........one of my favourite live albums of all time. I believe most of "Exit Stage Left" was recorded in Canada as well.

·
Registered
50 Posts
my number one is without a doubt Murray Mclauglin "only the the silence remains" , recorded in halifax in 74 (?) Only released as a double LP but I have put it on cd as it is one of my top 20-30 discs .
2and would be the Del Lords "howling at the halloween moon " recorded in London ont
and third Southside Johnny + asbury Jukes from a live CHOM broadcast of a club date in Montreal in '78 that I was at .As this one is a boot I guess it doesn't count .

·
Premium Member
3,914 Posts
Plastic Ono Band, Live Peace in Toronto has some good rock n roll on it.

How about SRV at the Elmocambo. And the Elmocambo side of that Stones live album is pretty good too.

-Pete

·
Registered
785 Posts
I'm going to have to say, Sloan: 4 Nights at the Palais Royale.

Awesome album - energetic, unpolished, and downright messy in parts. Just like any real Sloan show!

·
Registered
561 Posts
Journey Captured has some "Bonsoir montreal" goin' on. There's actually a whole lot of 'em because Le Mobile was based up here before moving to California. Much of Frampton Comes Alive (which is the highest selling live album of all time) was recorded in Plattsburgh, NY which is pretty close.

Andy

·
Registered
216 Posts
Marillion's Real to Reel - side b was recorded at The Spectrum in Montreal. Great sounding record. I have it on vinyl but I bet there are extras on the cd.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I also happen to have an imported french copy of Gino Vanelli live in Montreal, recorded at The Spectrum. To my knowledge, the cd was never released in Canada, a friend of mine bought the album while he was in Europe. Album sounds killer!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts