The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions for really good lightweight headphones?

I have a really nice set of Audio Technica headphones but they are too big for some uses.
I want a really good pair for running. Hopefully with decent bass and crisp, defined highs.
I can’t stand the wrap around the ear clip ons or ear buds.

Any thoughts? Would be nice not to spend Bose type dollars too

·
Registered
Tell your prophets to pray and tell your bandits to run.
7,427 Posts
I have AKG 240s that I like. I don’t know if they are the best but they don’t weigh much.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I'm thinking back to my old AT's that were the norm back then (sony walkman days)

·
Registered
Tell your prophets to pray and tell your bandits to run.
7,427 Posts
I didn’t see the “for running” part. The headphones that I mentioned are full size and good for recording .. lol

·
Premium Member
11,540 Posts
I also cant wear earbuds, but need something light for air travel, working out etc. I have a set of sennheiser for Adidas headphones I really like....they go on sale fairly often. Only thing about them, is after a few years the coating on the ear pads started flaking off. not sure what the lifespan should be but its annoying because they work well in every other way. theyre about 5-8 yrs old.

Reactions: Scotty

·
Premium Member
8,713 Posts
Put a toque over the ATs. I have a pair and that's what I do when I'm running, working out, or making love.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
I also cant wear earbuds, but need something light for air travel, working out etc. I have a set of sennheiser for Adidas headphones I really like....they go on sale fairly often. Only thing about them, is after a few years the coating on the ear pads started flaking off. not sure what the lifespan should be but its annoying because they work well in every other way. theyre about 5-8 yrs old.
I have these on all of my headphones Garfield Headphone Softie Earpad Covers (Black, Pair) SGARHS1

Spending long days on set in the sun can be a bear wearing headphones. Sweat and heat cause the ear pads on headphones to break down quickly and either shred or disintegrate. The added bonus of using the Garfields is that my head and ears remain cool and sweat free.

In the 2+ years I have been using these I have not had to replace a single ear pad...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts