The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow gear junkies!

I am shopping around for yet another HSS configured guitar. My top choice is a Suhr Classic Pro. But being that there are close to 0 dealers in Canada, I thought maybe I am missing out on options I am unaware of.

If you are an HSS fan, what are you currently hooked on playing, or dreaming about buying?

What do you think are over rated, what are under rated?

Let's find me a new guitar! Haha

·
Premium Member
17,192 Posts
Go to cosmo in richmond hill and try some suhrs and andersons.

·
Premium Member
4,507 Posts
I was curious about those. I have played a fair amount of starts, but have yet to try the elite series. How is the volume difference between positions?
The humbuckers are a little bit louder but not unmanageably so. Unless, you press the button and then all hell breaks loose.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Do you have a strat-ish guitar that has some OTHER pickup config?

Switching a strat to HSS is not a difficult thing to do.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Yup you bet. Also a couple that are already HSS. I just love guitars and specifically that set up. So looking for another. But I would like to get something other than a fender or partscaster this time. That's why I'm looking for some other suggestions I may be over looking. But if I can't find something, I won't be disappointed with a fender elite

·
Premium Member
149 Posts

Just pick up a nice Strat which is either HSS already or do a full new pickguard and convert it to HSS with the pickups and wiring you like.

I did this with my 96 Strat this year, I bought it when I was 16 but didn't play it much anymore but wanted to use it. I rewired it completely with Vinham Pickups (Texas Reds (SC's) and a 6070 (HB) and it's shocking how even the pups are with NO spike when going to the Humbucker, plus Craigs Pups sound amazing! I did the wiring a little fancier with an S1 Vol/Coil split for the humbucker, a volume for the single coils and a master tone. This guitar is now rivaling my LP Standard for my #1, it's crazy versatile, dare I say more versatile than my Standard!

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
Surh or Tom Anderson are both exceptional. However, if you like the neck profile of the American Fender guitars one can be very happy with a simple pickguard swap as suggested previously. For me, suhr electronics make the guitar really nice for a fairly low cost.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts