The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Still loving my Vox DA5. Every tube practice amp I have tried was way too loud. As Jeff stated, you can freakin jam with a Champ so you need a pedal for low volume dirt.

TG

·
Registered
131 Posts
The DA5 sounds like a sweet deal to me. They're selling for $150 at Long and McQuade, which is about the price of a stompbox (or even less!). I'm tempted to pick one up myself! :tongue:

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
I wasn't even looking for anything when I bought mine. I was waiting for my girlfriend, plugged in to it to kill time, and couldn't believe how great it sounds. Given its small size I thought it would sound like a toy: nope! Awesome amp for cheap

TG

Cross said:
The DA5 sounds like a sweet deal to me. They're selling for $150 at Long and McQuade, which is about the price of a stompbox (or even less!). I'm tempted to pick one up myself! :tongue:

·
Registered
64 Posts
The DA5 is small and convenient, sounds OK, and very versatile. I sometimes use mine out on the patio with an MP3 or personal CD player plugged into it, for backyard music.

I also have an ADVT15, which kills it sound-wise, but the DA5 is great for what it is.

I've read some very favorable comments on the new Fender Princeton Recording amp. It has a built-in attenuator, and apparently sounds quite fine.

Brian

1 - 12 of 12 Posts