The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,276 Posts
For me its the Fender Princeton Reverb II. After changing tubes, speakers and putting in some mods, I have it sounding the way I want it to. I call it my "baby twin". :)

·
Registered
306 Posts
A great year for me!

I can honestly say that I made the two best guitar aquisitions of my lifetime. First, a Larrivee D-40 (one of only 40 produced for Long and McQuade in 2006) and then Faracaster's Larrivee L-09K (#9 of 10 produced for the twelthfret in 2006). I am so not worthy...I never even dreamed of owning one of these incredible guitars. I play every single day now, and isn't that the point?

I don't intend to hi-jack this thread...its possible that 2007 will not pass without me getting my sandwich clamps on a parlor guitar. A Larrivee P-09 with rosewood back will do nicely, but a mahogony top P-05MT might be worth holding out for. I am considering changing my handle from lolligagger to larriveer, or possibly larrivoyeur.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Mine has got to be my MIK Tokai Love Rock Custom. I know it,s not an expensive guitar but I just love the way it looks ,plays and sounds. And the only thing I have changed on it was the strings...

·
Registered
788 Posts
my mesa mark 2b, it was on craiglist titled "mesaboogie $500" got it for $450 built like a tank and sounds huge, only draw back is that it's hard to find the tones this amp can deliver....not "plug and play" the clean chanel has so much spank, it will cut through anything:rockon2:

·
Premium Member
2,032 Posts
Geez....I have three I think.

For Amps......My two Kingsley's. A Deluxe 30 T and a Deluxe 50 .:2guns:
For Guitars....My Gustavsson Bluesmaster .None

That was hard, as 2006 was a banner year in good G.A.S. Lots of really worthy gear. The Collings CL Deluxe, My Tiexiara 45, (reviews to come), My PRS McCarty Rosewood Standard Soapbar, Divided By Thirteen RSA 23, Suhr Classic T,
57' Fender Esquire, 68' Fender Strat, 73' Hiwatt 50 :D

And....Gone in 2006, but not forgotten :frown:
Komet 60, Larrivee 12th Fret special Koa L-09K (I know she's in good hands Dale), Baker B1C, Baker BJ Black Limba, Dumble Overdrive Special and many others who served me well.

Cheers and Happy New Year !!!!!!!
Pete

·
Premium Member
2,968 Posts
Out of all the guitars I got this year, the best is a custom Jackson Soloist with a cool splatter paint job and reverse shark fins...........

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Ibanez SR506 hands down.

·
Registered
255 Posts
My Taylor GSR:banana:

·
Registered
698 Posts
I picked up a Gibson SG Special in mid-December. Wine red. I think it looks a lot sharper than the "cherry" finish on the standards. That's why I bought it over a standard actually. The special actually looks cherry. The standards look orange to me.

I thought I was gonna hate the stock 490 in the bridge position, but it turns out I love it. Gem of a neck too.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Emohawk said:
I picked up a Gibson SG Special in mid-December. Wine red. I think it looks a lot sharper than the "cherry" finish on the standards. That's why I bought it over a standard actually. The special actually looks cherry. The standards look orange to me.

I thought I was gonna hate the stock 490 in the bridge position, but it turns out I love it. Gem of a neck too.
I tried a standard SG with 50's neck not too long ago, man what a rock machine, sustain for days:confused-smiley-010

·
Registered
872 Posts
It's gotta be my Les Paul Studio. I've played so many guitars after I got it but none have the same feel or sound. It's pretty much the perfect guitar for me. I'm also diggin the Valve jr. I got for x-mas. I just can't believe how much I spent on gear this year, A LP, 12-string acoustic, cheap bass, two amps and bunch of pedals and other stuff. My 2007 budget will be a lot less.

·
Premium Member
2,198 Posts
Rumble_b said:
It's gotta be my Les Paul Studio. I've played so many guitars after I got it but none have the same feel or sound. It's pretty much the perfect guitar for me. I'm also diggin the Valve jr. I got for x-mas. I just can't believe how much I spent on gear this year, A LP, 12-string acoustic, cheap bass, two amps and bunch of pedals and other stuff. My 2007 budget will be a lot less.
I love my studio. They are great guitars. I had Jon Moore in Hamilton (www.tonefordays.com) wind me a set of his PAF humbuckers, and WOW, classic LP sound.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My orange Gretsch 5120.
I've wanted a Gretsch for a good many years and my wife convinced me to just buy one. granted its the entry-level hollowbody in the lineup but ALL Gretsch's are awesome. This is also the first guitar I've ever bought that didn't need any futzing with from the factory. Plus there are certain things you can do ONLY with a Gretsch, like the big kerranggggg sound!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts