The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorta tongue in cheek but if anyone has a go to pair of footwear that makes selecting foot switches in a busy pedal board without hitting other controls let us know!

·
Premium Member
16,830 Posts
I was told go for thin soles. I have 3 years out of airwalk slip-ons from payless, still going strong.

As for accuracy, that is practice. Something I need to do again since my last revision...

·
Premium Member
8,577 Posts
I keep a pair of Chucks in my gig bag, clean 'house' shoes that I can wear in other people's places when jamming. I HATE stepping on pedals in my socks. I have no problem picking out individual pedals.

·
Registered
9,361 Posts
Bare feet works great for me.

As soon as I get to rehearsal I take my shoes off!

If not bare feet then a pair of thin soled ballet slippers works not that any of you will try this! Lol although I would love to see you try! LMAO

·
Premium Member
16,830 Posts
Has anyone consider getting something like a Roland ES-8?

That maximizes what you can get out of some pedals, but you still have to be accurate when you go to hit a button. Hitting bank up when you wanted preset 4 may still be a challenge for some people.

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
Converse Chucks for me. Sometimes in winter I get stuck wearing my Blundstones at rehearsal and they're ok, too, but my go-to stage shoe is a pair of Chucks.

·
Premium Member
11,863 Posts
Cowboy boots. The heel comes in handy for getting to hard to reach stompswitches.
+1

I use a pair of lizard-skin Boulets to get to all the tight spots. Also works well for kicking PETA hecklers in the head.

Reactions: MDG3
1 - 20 of 22 Posts