The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
I recommended that guitar to friends when they were looking for a guitar for their son. He's been playing it everyday for over a year, it has held up quite nicely.

·
Premium Member
13,028 Posts
Entry level to Pro, all guitars need a good setup.

·
Premium Member
10,950 Posts
The Godin brand offers pretty good bang for the buck, if the entry level player doesn't mind not looking like every other Les Paul or Strat slinger. The Detour, Exit 22, and cheaper LG are very nice.

Peace, Mooh.

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
Mooh said:
The Godin brand offers pretty good bang for the buck, if the entry level player doesn't mind not looking like every other Les Paul or Strat slinger. The Detour, Exit 22, and cheaper LG are very nice. Peace, Mooh.
...i think of godin as pro guitars at entry level prices, they are that good. many of us walk right past them because they look anything but "bold".

eastwood is producing some decent entry level guitars. i bought a hundred dollar cort strat for my daughter that my brother and i actually drooled over. its still pretty hard to go wrong with a cheap fender.

-dh

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Robert1950 said:
Entry level to Pro, all guitars need a good setup.
I agree here 100 % .... I picked up one the specials in pieces rather cheaply and put it back together. I was looking for something I could swap pickups and in general see what could be had of the guitar. Maybe I was lucky because once set up this thing plays beautifully. The Filterons was one idea I wanted to try and I am thinking of trying the GFS Dream 180's in it for a bit more bite. It plays so nice that next week it gets stage time.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I vote for the Godins too. Way over looked guitars. The SD's are a great guitar (the LG's are my fav) and a friend of mine has a Radiator that is really a cool sounding guitar. He picked it up for $150.00

·
Premium Member
10,950 Posts
There's a small Mom'n'Pop music shop locally who deals a lot of Godins, so many players around here start out with them. Nevertheless, it's hard to compete with the Asian cheap stuff. I teach guitar for a living and I gotta say it's a lot more encouraging to see someone arrive with a Godin than something else in the price range. I might do some set-ups on them but they virtually never need serious repair, unlike the competition, which always need work...First Act, Nova, cheaper Epiphones, Squire, and a host of off-brand imports.

Fwiw, I personally use a Godin LG with humbuckers (coil-tapped) for the wide variety of tones and wonderful playability...about $500 at L&M...and a Godin fretless Freeway 5. Yeah there's still a Strat, Tele, Dot, but I keep coming back to the LG for gigging.

Peace, Mooh.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
This is one I changed around , makes a good player guitar... GFS Nashville Retrotron pickups, one volume and a Danelectro selectomatic switch for coil splitting.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts