The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a PRS se custom 24 with a floyd rose and the case i currently have works fine with the guitar except for the fact that the case when fully closed pushes on the bridge and as most of you should know, isnt a good thing. What case do you guys recommend for a floyd rose guitar like mine that wont push down on the bridge.

·
Registered
344 Posts
My case that came specifically for my guitar pushes on the bridge somewhat and I've never had a problem. As long as it's just the foam/padding it squishes as it needs to.

-Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
Are you taking the bar off?

I have had Ernie Ball MusicMan Axis and EVH guitars, and the EBMM cases were built so as to allow the guitars to be put away with the bar in place - which was a bit of an oddity, as the Gotoh version of the Floyd Rose they use has the easiest pop-in/pop-out bar arrangement of all I have owned...

The Peavey Wolfgang, Gibson Les Paul and Fender Strat (whether MIA, MIJ or MIM), when equipped with a Floyd Rose, all require you to remove the bar before putting the guitar away in the case. All of those have the typical Floyd Rose bar, with the screw-on/screw-off collar on the bar. If you try to close the cases of any of those with the bar still in place, there is contact and pressure on the bridge (and for some, the case won't even close completely).

Although I have had a few PRSs, I never had one with a Floyd Rose, so I can't say for certain...but I would imagine the bar has to be removed before storing the guitar in the case., similar to those I have noted above.

John
thegrumpyoldman

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you taking the bar off?

I have had Ernie Ball MusicMan Axis and EVH guitars, and the EBMM cases were built so as to allow the guitars to be put away with the bar in place - which was a bit of an oddity, as the Gotoh version of the Floyd Rose they use has the easiest pop-in/pop-out bar arrangement of all I have owned...

The Peavey Wolfgang, Gibson Les Paul and Fender Strat (whether MIA, MIJ or MIM), when equipped with a Floyd Rose, all require you to remove the bar before putting the guitar away in the case. All of those have the typical Floyd Rose bar, with the screw-on/screw-off collar on the bar. If you try to close the cases of any of those with the bar still in place, there is contact and pressure on the bridge (and for some, the case won't even close completely).

Although I have had a few PRSs, I never had one with a Floyd Rose, so I can't say for certain...but I would imagine the bar has to be removed before storing the guitar in the case., similar to those I have noted above.

John
thegrumpyoldman
I do take the bar off but i noticed the bridge was still getting pushed down slightly so i dont want to that to force me to have to tune all the time considering i always keep my guitar in my case

1 - 5 of 5 Posts