The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had stopped playing electric for a long time and had sold all my pedals except my wah but I just picked up a little amp and I need some sounds!

What are good delay and boost pedals I could pick up at a decent price used?

I used to use a vintage MXR Microamp and a Boss DD-3 but would like to go more of an analog sounding delay.

P

·
0 Posts
I have a L6 Echo Park, that if I set up a small board I would use it. (I have had a Timeline for many years).
The Boss Waza Craft DM-2W delay is interesting.

·
Premium Member
17,202 Posts
I had stopped playing electric for a long time and had sold all my pedals except my wah but I just picked up a little amp and I need some sounds!

What are good delay and boost pedals I could pick up at a decent price used?

I used to use a vintage MXR Microamp and a Boss DD-3 but would like to go more of an analog sounding delay.
micro amp + MXR carbon copy. Same used price as a DD3.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There's actually a Microamp for sale for $80 near me but I'm thinking super budget. Like Behringer budget. I play electric pretty rarely these days

·
Premium Member
64 Gretsch 6120, 63 SG Standard, 62 Fender Princeton and a 58 Supro 1624T
3,195 Posts
EHX #1 Echo, DM2w and Carbon copy for delays. TC spark, MXR Mirco Amp or any reasonably priced klone would make a good boost. I’ve seen JPFX Klones for as little as $50 and they’re as good as any.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Keep an eye out for an EHX LPB-1. Should be able to find one und $40.

The Danelectro PB&J is a good inexpensive delay. Or the NUX Delay Core. I think it has 8 Delay types, stereo I/O. $70 on amazon.

·
Registered
24,737 Posts
Anything that goes for under $100 new will probably use a PT2399 digital delay chip (a chip that generally goes for around 30-50 cents). Analog will be pricier, because a) it uses more parts, and b) it generally requires calibration, which means labour costs. That said, if it is filtered right, even 50-cent digital chips can do a pretty darn good job sounding analog, as cboutilier demonstrates.

If budgetary constraints are an issue, keep your eyes peeled for good deals on any of the mini Chinese pedals, like Caline, Donner, et al.

·
Premium Member
17,202 Posts
There's actually a Microamp for sale for $80 near me but I'm thinking super budget. Like Behringer budget. I play electric pretty rarely these days
Just because you barely play doesnt necessarily mean you have to go bottom tier ;)

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
At the risk of collapsing the North American pedal market, if you really want to go cheap check out the knock-offs on AliExpress etc. A couple guys I work with have bought them exclusively and I think only one has gone back with no hassle whatsoever.

·
Registered
4,621 Posts
Just make sure to check it out in a store first. From what I've read it can get pretty distorted, but I haven't tried one. I will say however that I've ordered a seemingly highly regarded low end pedal from Amazon for around $40. Took me 10 minutes to pack it back up and send it back. I'm far from a high end pedal guy as well. If you're just getting back into the electric and pedal game, maybe get a good used one for a bit more. As an Acoustic player, you may find the difference in a very low end pedal like that not worth even that low price. Or maybe it'll be great, who knows.

Good luck with the hunt...I got back into pedals after going multi floor unit for years and it took a while to seperate the wheat from the chaff. There's a lot of both out there.

·
Premium Member
4,563 Posts
Koyo

·
Registered
59 Posts
I would throw my vote for Artec Analog Delay. Got one used a few years ago for $27 USD, there is one brand new on the bay for $47. This is my favorite to keep plugged in even with +5 other delay pedals.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts