The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,861 Posts
evenon said:
I wonder why ?
A Little birdie (who works for bad cat) told me it was because GW was supposed to be the Canadian distributor and so they were getting an extra 15% off of cost in exchange for finding more dealers across Canada. However, they weren't finding any other dealers and so Bad Cat was going to charge them the same as any other dealer for the amps and do the distribution themselves. At that point, GW couldn't take advantage of Bad Cat anymore so they dropped the line. In short, it was typically slimy dealings by Mark and his very shady buisness.

On topic, since I worked at 3 different music retailers in Calgary over 5 years I'd say L&M is the best amp shop where you'll consistently get the best deal and probably get the best service.

·
Premium Member
1,861 Posts
evenon said:
Hey Tim. I suspected there was a story there.

I agree with L&M. Most reputable store in town.

There always is when Mark is involved...anyone unfortunate enough to go back as far as the Mainly Music days will attest to that...some people never change.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.