The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says a little Bell problems this week. I asked to discontinue my cell services with them and made arrangements for the 27th. So what happened ... they cancelled my land line... #@$# . No phone and no internet. So I called and got the run around for three days til I finally threatened to take action. They had my phone back by 6pm that eve. But they forgot the DSL.. Again I phoned in the morning and they had me back online by 4pm. Not to mention on the last two calls they were doing a lot of sucking up. Whatever happened to Bell Canada...

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After I threatened to take action I got a call from Bell service tech in Canada and he had it sorted out in several hours. I have done many phone installations so I did all the troubleshooting a tech would have done if he had came to my home and told them it was there problem. This tech was the first person in three days to understand what I was telling him.

·
Premium Member
4,298 Posts
You're not the first person that has had issues with Bell. Normally it takes them weeks to sort out things. I myself have given up Bell for a while now. No landline and my net connection is through Rogers. Mind you, I've had issues with Rogers too but in my almost 10 years now having my internet connection with them, I could say I really haven't had any problems with them like what people have experienced with Bell.

·
Premium Member
1,354 Posts
What'd they do, hire people from Telus?

*budda-boom, ching*

bwuhahahahahahaha....

A hint for anyone that is trying to get rid of their Bell cell service: call and ask to switch it to a pay as you go plan. They don't argue. Just make sure you confirm that your next bill will be your last and argue against any "penalty."
It's easy and quick. Then. just chuck the phone in a drawer for a year before recycling it or selling it.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I had Bell a few years back when I lived in town and the only problems I had was with the modems they made me use. I know they didn't make them, but they should have atleast chose a better model lol I went through 3 in less then a year... they'd just die.

C

·
0 Posts
On the rare occasion I have to call them, Cogeco treats me like the sun shines out my arse.... They provide me with phone, internet and TV.

We dumped Bell months ago, and don't miss them at all.

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
...bell canada is probably the most inept organization on the planet (excluding the us government :D).

ask any canadian, and they will regale you with stories of ma bell's legendary incompetence.

one excellent example: call bell and tell them you are going to move in six weeks, giving them the date of the move, the date you want your present line disconnected, and the date you want the new one hooked up.

within an hour or two of the call, your present line will be disconnected.

every. f***ing. time!!!!

i've been embroiled in so many battles with bell that i've had supervisors confide that i have absolutely no idea how completely and utterly that company is f***ed, from the top down.

-dh

·
Registered
737 Posts
<edit: I have to refrain from saying something I might regret>

<edit: no, can't say that either, hmmmm>

:wave:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts