The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After seeing this in The Source, I just had to play on it. The speaker of course was crap and there wasnt much of a different between hot and hi gain settings but it wasn't the worst practice amp but it left more to be desired. Very staticy but that could have been the guitar I was playing on. Got pretty loud at 3 and I found that to be kinda neat. At least it got volume going for it. Id suggest asking someone to plug this into a cab and see what happens for the fun of it. Overall, if all their V-Tone amps are of this quallity when it comes to sound, I would suggest avoiding at all costs.

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
SinCron said:
After seeing this in The Source, I just had to play on it. The speaker of course was crap and there wasnt much of a different between hot and hi gain settings but it wasn't the worst practice amp but it left more to be desired. Very staticy but that could have been the guitar I was playing on. Got pretty loud at 3 and I found that to be kinda neat. At least it got volume going for it. Id suggest asking someone to plug this into a cab and see what happens for the fun of it. Overall, if all their V-Tone amps are of this quallity when it comes to sound, I would suggest avoiding at all costs.
...my girlfriend got me a tiny vox da-5 for christmas. it is the single most inspiring piece of equipment i have ever owned in the 45 years i have been playing guitar.

can't recommend it highly enough.

-dh

1 - 4 of 4 Posts