The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I'd forgotten that one....good joke.

Every once in a while I feel like standing in front of my local JW temple while holding up a couple of copies of "Penthouse".

But then I figure the reverse karma might be huge.

Well truthfully, I would never go out of my way to offend a JW any more than anyone else.

Even when they come to my door, which isn't often these days, I'm polite.

Maybe I'm on the "Evil Blasphemers"list. They don't seem to visit me anymore.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Well truthfully, I would never go out of my way to offend a JW any more than anyone else.

Even when they come to my door, which isn't often these days, I'm polite.

Maybe I'm on the "Evil Blasphemers"list. They don't seem to visit me anymore.

Let's see.....you play guitar in a rock band, you have a Darwin fish on your van.....

Yeah, you're pretty much toast.:D

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
...kudos to her. too often, drivers at fault immediately enter a total state of denial.

i once t-boned a muscle car on the 407, during a snow storm. i was driving a five-ton ryder. the driver of the car thought he could get past everyone. he cut in directly front of me, then entered the passing lane, which had not yet been plowed. he immediately went into a spin and then bounced off the guard rail right into my path.

he later claimed i had hit him "on purpose".

even his own insurance company found his claim to be hilarious.

-dh

When I was in the army I got cut off a few times by jerks in old junkers when I was driving the big 10 ton trucks. I'm guessing that they wanted me to clip their bumpers so that they could get a huge insurance settlement. The fools. Those trucks were built for going off-road and take a long time to come to a complete stop. Had they hit the breaks just a few feet ahead of me, I probably would have ended up driving right over them.

·
Premium Member
18,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Back in the winter I was rear ended by a lady who was distracted and didn't notice that I was stopped at a red light (as was the tractor trailer in front of me).

She didn't even touch her brakes as far as I can tell.

The bumper really did its job and absorbed the energy of the collision.

Since there was no functional damage I wasn't in a real rush to get it fixed.

I finally got around to it. I picked up a new replacement bumper and a can of paint, replaced the treadplate which survived the impact and voila. As you can see the treadplate will need a few weeks in the sun to settle down.

$150 later....

Before

After

21 - 27 of 27 Posts