The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Mad Strappier
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I see I joined up here in 2010, and haven't been back much, I ended up being sucked into the vortex of several other guitar-centric communities. Figured I'd check in, see what my fellow countrymen were up to. In my travels around the web there are several Canadian friends I have made on other guitar forums... I wonder how many of them may also be here?

Looking to become a peddler maybe, can't find the price to pay posted anywhere - is it a SECRET????
Perhaps it changes for whomever you may be, or whatever you might be dealin'?

Maybe chime in if you recognize my handle, which I normally keep the same everywhere.
Plus... why not a random pic of one of my guitars? because, yes, we love these dang things.

Cancon (sort of).... the most-righteously named "Dot On Shaft"

·
Mad Strappier
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome back. Love that BM Special. That's a DOS?
Yes a genuine DOS...
Value used? I don't know $200
Don't see much of them around

·
Mad Strappier
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
....and that silly fender style trem! really it's a nice playing guitar generally, but what really bugs me about it is the
unobtanium 24th fret. the way the lower bout is, you cannot reach it. it just sits there mocking you.

Oh you can reach it alright, but look absolutely ridiculous while you do it. What's the point?

Someday me and a rasp will fix it. It's mahogany, so i would like to refinish it in a TV yellow/black scheme.
that lower horn NEEDS to be tamed down. Also, the arm bevel is a bit cray - the pups kind of do have thier own thing going on, and I like it...

here's a clip recorded after I picked it up, I'm not much of a player, but you get the idea...
https://soundcloud.com/https%3A%2F%2Fsoundcloud.com%2Ftvvoodoo%2Fngd

·
Registered
9,463 Posts
I will introduce myself! Hi, my handle is Lola and I am the only female guitar player on this forum that I know of. Maybe some flying beneath the radar, idk.

·
Mad Strappier
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
L-O-L-A Lola... Pleased to meet you Lola, you've been here for awhile. In my guitar forum experience ladies tend to be
driven away, unless they either have a magnificent sense of humour or are pretty darn tough! Or both!:)

There's probably a couple lurkers. looks like 10,000 members here. That's a huge sausage party

Asking again.... Does anybody know what the dealer fees are here? I sent a message to admin, (I believe, got nothing back yet).

·
Registered
9,463 Posts
L-O-L-A Lola... Pleased to meet you Lola, you've been here for awhile. In my guitar forum experience ladies tend to be
driven away, unless they either have a magnificent sense of humour or are pretty darn tough! Or both!:)
The gentlemen(yes, you read that right lol) on this forum are definitely my cuppa tea. They tease and joke around. I have broad shoulders and I wouldn't have it any other way! I couldn't ask for a better place to hang out.

·
Mad Strappier
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I should have figured, this is the Canadian Guitar forum after all. On some US forums I frequent, it can get rather "alpha male" if you catch my drift.
I do believe I have generally represented my country with decorum and taste (most of the time, probably not always). But I do have a LOT of 'merican
virtual friends and real customers, and their money is bigger than ours :cool: which is good

·
Registered
329 Posts
I should have figured, this is the Canadian Guitar forum after all. On some US forums I frequent, it can get rather "alpha male" if you catch my drift.
I do believe I have generally represented my country with decorum and taste (most of the time, probably not always). But I do have a LOT of 'merican
virtual friends and real customers, and their money is bigger than ours :cool: which is good

"virtual friends and real customers, and their money is bigger"

haha....great line!!

·
Registered
329 Posts
I will introduce myself! Hi, my handle is Lola and I am the only female guitar player on this forum that I know of. Maybe some flying beneath the radar, idk.
I had no idea "women folk tre these here waters".
The gentlemen(yes, you read that right lol) on this forum are definitely my cuppa tea. They tease and joke around. I have broad shoulders and I wouldn't have it any other way! I couldn't ask for a better place to hang out.
Had no idea girls frequented this site...haha
Hey, Lola did u catch the Mary Spender "John Mater" NAMM 2017 question???...interesting female guitar player scenario

·
Mad Strappier
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
nobody here know what it costs become a vendor/dealer on this forum?
Not getting any answers from the channels I expected them to come from.

How about if I mentioned that I wind my own pickups, double creme buckers too. (I don't).
Or that I would be willing to recreate a vintage LP for you? ( I couldn't)
Or maybe Klon Klones is my specialty? (It ain't)

PLEASE REPORT ME AS A SPAMMER, maybe that will get some attention.

Bueller? Bueller?

·
Premium Member
17,602 Posts
nobody here know what it costs become a vendor/dealer on this forum?

PLEASE REPORT ME AS A SPAMMER, maybe that will get some attention.
I reported you as someone who wants to become a vendor.

Good Luck....you will likely need it with these clowns!!
Now you can report me for dissing the owners/mods.

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
All you need is a paid membership to post in the F/S section of the forum.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts