The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

81 - 97 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
I've had a beard since around 1987 or so. I got pissed at my wife at one point and shaved it, but started growing it back immediately. It's trimmed short. I shave my cheeks and neck once a week on average. The skin on my neck is very sensitive, so once a week is about all I can handle.

·
Registered
9,821 Posts
I've had a beard since around 1987 or so. I got pissed at my wife at one point and shaved it, but started growing it back immediately. It's trimmed short. I shave my cheeks and neck once a week on average. The skin on my neck is very sensitive, so once a week is about all I can handle. View attachment 363733 View attachment 363733
Very thick and awesome. Long hair and beards will do nicely for me. My hubby has had a beard forever. He’s only shaved it once in 37 years of marriage this Friday, May 7th. He hated it and so did I. He grew it right back and it has remained so ever since.

He also had waist length hair for 25 years which I braided for him every morning. I got sick of doing it and he was over it. He cut it off and then donated it. Things change.

·
Registered
15,573 Posts
I just trimmed mine--but trimmed, not shaved off--no ZZ Top or Duck Dynasty look for me though.

Reactions: Milkman

·
Premium Member
25,918 Posts
After 4 years, I completely removed my beard and moustache on Saturday morning, as a 40th anniversary present for my wife. So far, I kept part of the bushy grey sideburns for that Dave Brubeck look, but they may come off eventually as well. Sorry to surrender my membership in the club, guys. It was an honour to belong, but it was time. I did keep the pony tail if that counts for anything.

·
Premium Member
17,952 Posts
Believe it or not, for me, growing a beard takes way more maintenance than keeping it completely shaved to the wood.

Shaving the whole thing is simple, Keeping a beard trimmed so I don't look like I just let it go takes time and care.

If I just let it grow wild I'd have a beard from my eye sockets to....the bottom.

I can't handle that.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
Believe it or not, for me, growing a beard takes way more maintenance than keeping it completely shaved to the wood.

Shaving the whole thing is simple, Keeping a beard trimmed so I don't look like I just let it go takes time and care.

If I just let it grow wild I'd have a beard from my eye sockets to....the bottom.

I can't handle that.
My beard gets a trim each month and me neck is done on a weekly basis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
Manisfesto beard!

For the past few years, my sweet-spot recipe has been weekly trim with a #2 attachment, clean the neck, and clean a bunch of whiskers that grow out of place.

Every guy's gotta grow a manifesto beard once in their lives. No shaping, no trimming, full-on neck beard.

View attachment 363847

·
Premium Member
17,952 Posts
My beard gets a trim each month and me neck is done on a weekly basis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I shave about twice a week now, without the beard a bit more frequently.

Takes longer with the beard. I have to be much more careful to keep things straight and even.

Easier when you're taking it ALL off.

·
Registered
11,712 Posts
I shaved off my beard this morning after nineteen months. I had been toying with shaving it off for a while, but I have to admit I look like a bit of a ghost right now.

If I keep it off for the rest of the summer I'll definitely grow it back next winter.

·
Registered
15,573 Posts
I trim my beard on an as needed basis--which is normally 4-6 weeks--dependong how cold it is outside.
SOemtiems I go longer.
If I didn't have a beard I'd be shaving every day--although these days who would notice.

When I used to be clean shaven there were days I'd shave in the morning when I got up & then I'd do a touch up if I was going out.

81 - 97 of 97 Posts