The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

61 - 80 of 97 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,330 Posts
This thread has been more educating than I imagined.

The chief reason I ditched shaving was the time it took, never mind the cost and hassle. Over the years I've become more and more far sighted as well, making time in front of a mirror a drag. Shower and go was quick, cheap, and easy. Hair products begin and end with shampoo. Almost 40 years later I have no reason to change my thinking, but I find the products mentioned here somewhat curious.

·
Registered
15,305 Posts
This thread has been more educating than I imagined.

The chief reason I ditched shaving was the time it took, never mind the cost and hassle. Over the years I've become more and more far sighted as well, making time in front of a mirror a drag. Shower and go was quick, cheap, and easy. Hair products begin and end with shampoo. Almost 40 years later I have no reason to change my thinking, but I find the products mentioned here somewhat curious.
Some what curious? Kinda like bringing the wife home flowers. If I started to smear this stuff on my face the wife and the girlfriends would start to wonder. Beads and braids are one thing but strange oily smelly stuff on my face is another. Could get a body seriously injured. And I wonder what happens when you're all oiled up and you're out working a chop saw or a grinder in 100' + f weather. Could get to be uncomfortable. Same with when your sig other is wearing a very expensive silk something and there's your oily beard just rubbing against it. I'm with you, shower when you can and go.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Anyone else here use beard oil/balm/conditioner?
Budda,

I use beard oil and soap. I get it from Frontier Man Beard Co located on the second floor of the Western Fair Market (on Saturdays). I'm still on the bottle I bought last June.

I like it. Makes my beard soft, helps the skin underneath, and smells nice. Oh, and my wife likes it.

Jeremiah (owner/proprietar?) is a guitar player. Be sure to get a comb from him if you don't have one.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
I've had my beard for over 50 years, I trim it every day so I look sophisticated, business like, honest and trust worthy. I also have some real nice waterfront property in Florida, sandy beach, gentle slope to the water, great for swimming or any other kind of water sport you can imagine, cheep quick possession.
Now if you believe all that I also sell winning lottery tickets. How many would you like ?
B#(*

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
I haven't hit puberty yet...can't grow a beard
It will come some others are also waiting lol. At age 25 my voice still cracks at times, I often get hello mam is mr.macneill here. O you learn to laugh at these things lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Been letting it grow for the winter, my hair too. Looks like I live in a cave. I grow it for the winter, but this year I am on a mission. Wife hates it. I will have a shave and a haircut when spring comes.
I will never let my hair grow long again lol. Last year or the year before my younger brother was looking at my yearbook at the picture with all the grad students and pointed and asked "Jared who is the girl sitting there?" My response was "that is me"

·
Premium Member
13,266 Posts
I just trimmed my beard with a Wahl Peanut Beard Trimmer. AC. Chord. Plug-in. All battery operated ones are crap. I think a year and half is the longest one has lasted. My first Wahl Peanut lasted 12 years. I buggered it up with some aggressive cleaning. I've had my second for almost a year.

·
Registered
13,109 Posts
I like that these days you can get a great beard trim from the same girls that cut the hair on your head. I used to visit the barber for my beard and enjoy the old school treatment, the bigger salon beard services were hit and miss. These days the old school barbers are getting older and you often end up with two different sides to your face but the girls are getting better and better,,. plus, you know,,. the boobs and all.

·
Premium Member
18,037 Posts
One of my good friends cuts my hair and beard. No one else has done it better than her haha.

EG, I had no idea smelling like a forest was emasculating.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
I like that these days you can get a great beard trim from the same girls that cut the hair on your head. I used to visit the barber for my beard and enjoy the old school treatment, the bigger salon beard services were hit and miss. These days the old school barbers are getting older and you often end up with two different sides to your face but the girls are getting better and better,,. plus, you know,,. the boobs and all.
I got my hair done once at a hair dressers once and every one was like why didn't you go to the barbershop. My response was she's better looking than a man lol. And there's this fine looking girl in the town I live in now and she works at local salon.

·
Registered
15,573 Posts
I just trimmed my beard with a Wahl Peanut Beard Trimmer. AC. Chord. Plug-in. All battery operated ones are crap. I think a year and half is the longest one has lasted. My first Wahl Peanut lasted 12 years. I buggered it up with some aggressive cleaning. I've had my second for almost a year.
The best one I've had was a Wahl--that's lasted several years.
Although one my former trimmers though died when it fell in the toilet...

·
Premium Member
12,962 Posts
This string is not complete without a pic of these guys. But what's up with the middle guy? And what's his name again?

upload_2017-2-6_9-2-58.jpeg

·
Registered
9,821 Posts
Oh man and I thought women were obsessed with their hair! Lmao

My hubby actually has a Sean Connery beard happening and I really love it! He looks very distinguished!

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
I grow mine in the winter, start in Dec and shave it off on my birthday in March. Somehow I always look young on my birthday. I get it trimmed to half an inch when I get a haircut. I like the low maintenance but now that there is a good crop of grey in there I'm close to deciding this is my last bearded winter.

·
Registered
9,821 Posts
I grow mine in the winter, start in Dec and shave it off on my birthday in March. Somehow I always look young on my birthday. I get it trimmed to half an inch when I get a haircut. I like the low maintenance but now that there is a good crop of grey in there I'm close to deciding this is my last bearded winter.
Grey in a beard looks so distinguished. If you like it then just do it. Takes this from a woman who knows what other females like in a man. I work mainly with females and you should hear us talk at lunch. I honestly think we are worse then guys talking about other females. We're down and dirty and we don't care! lol

G

·
That's pretty much what I did too, except, the grey is in a random pattern now.
It's why I keep it off.

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
Grey in a beard looks so distinguished. If you like it then just do it. Takes this from a woman who knows what other females like in a man. I work mainly with females and you should hear us talk at lunch. I honestly think we are worse then guys talking about other females. We're down and dirty and we don't care! lol
That's good news. I'm starting to get a few gray in my beard. Makes since though. My head is a solid 20:80 salt and pepper.

61 - 80 of 97 Posts