The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I use Guitar amp/speakers with the bass? Concrete amp is Marshall JMS102 - 100watt 2x12 combo.
I read somewhere that the speakers will be damaged if played loud, but will they be damaged when played at "bedroom" level?

Thank you in advance
yours Bojan

·
Premium Member
16,653 Posts
It wont sound like a bass amp but it will work fine.

·
Premium Member
8,548 Posts
Confirmed. If you go up gradually, you SHOULD hear the speakers farting out before you actually blow them, but I wouldn't hit any big POPS or attempt any thunderous big low notes suddenly.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Big issue is space. I simply don't have any space for a bass cabinet/combo. The only possibility would be to get rid of Marshall and replace it with the bass combo
And I am emotionally attached to that Marshall :(

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Your Marshall will have no problem with a bass at lower volumes... Don't crank the F... thing and you will be fine. Plug into the Low input if yours has one is all. Younger, I used my bros JCM 800 stack and had the most amazing sound with it. Hence the reason why I got the YBA3 ....

·
Premium Member
3,024 Posts
Big issue is space. I simply don't have any space for a bass cabinet/combo. The only possibility would be to get rid of Marshall and replace it with the bass combo
And I am emotionally attached to that Marshall :(
I have a GK Microbass 200w mini head and ampeg 2x10 200w cab that takes up very little space.
If you're interested I can bring it to the jam at Gerry's and let you try it. If you're interested we can discuss a price. If not, that's cool.
Here's what they look like.. (btw I'd sell both for much less than these cost new)
Ampeg - 2x10 200W 8 Ohm Micro Stack Cab
Gallien-Krueger - Microbass 200-Watt Head

Reactions: bigboki

·
Premium Member
3,024 Posts
if it is not too big of a hassle bring it for a try out, thank you
No hassle at all, consider it done. I plan on being there between 1:30 and 2.

Reactions: bigboki
1 - 14 of 14 Posts